Disaster ruins the party

Mr.wilkinson

Sponsor
I am crushed ...
Today was supposed to be a magnificent day. All day i waited for my BBXB's 1155pm was there arrival time at my local airport.
1100pm im out the door, in my car on my way to the airport.
1145pm at the cargo warehouse chatting with the supervisor
1215am got my box on my way home.
0100am open the box, fish are lively, lovely awwwww sweetest saturday night.
0115am release my 2 bbxb's they get a warm welcome from my discus community
0120am turn around to the main tank to tell the older arowanas they got friends/competition comming up .....wait something is wrong where the hell is my Diablo red..... the lid is open .....this cant be ......... noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....
my 16" SR ( favorite fish ) dead on top of the tank not dry just dead still humid but dead .....the next 10 minutes where spent trying to revive it......in vain.
i hate myself right now .... in my rush to go pick up my new fish i did not close the lid properly ..... I suck .... after fighting the year of the rabbit i will now have to fight the curse of the SR dead before its time.
F*ck me man

exoticaquaria

sorry to hear that. im sure we all have exerienced something tragic in our fish keeping career. i know i have! also with a red. got killed by a datnoid after 3 weeks of keeping the red!!!

hondas3000

Just sad to hear to you got to move on and care for other aro. Almost everyone keeping aro for a long time have an aro die on them, either jump or sick or other reason but it does happen. I am a victim as well so let just dig a hole for it.

aaronc

sorry to hear, don't be so hard on yourself, like everyone says it happens just focus on the new fish. honestly it happened to my first aro as well.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Sorry to hear, it happens to almost everyone at least once. I lost my first aro when I forgot to close a lid.

Last edited:

bcarlos

Sorry to hear about your SR. I've lost a couple aros myself, along with a few other high-end fish. It happens to the best of us, it just sucks to see your money and hard work lying dead infront of you. And take it from myself (and I'm sure others on here too): just because you close the lid doesn't necessarily guarantee your aro won't jump out!

carcrazy

I am very sorry to hear that. I lost a HBRTG once (my first aro). It didn't jump but may have been struck by one of my pbass or maybe knocked itself out hitting the lid. I also lost most of my saltwater fish this summer when my sump sprung a leak. And a 24" black shark catfish died last month.

It is hard to lose pets, sorry again for your loss.