Does this super red look alright to buy?

ottawa

Hello,

I am wanting to buy this super red and am a little skeptic since it is coming from a private individual who no longer wants it. The arowana is going to come with full cert from Timur Yuda tag date June /2010. It is 7" long and is already showing red colouring, attached is a pic. What do you guys think, I would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
Nick

Attachments

• Super red.jpg
    Super red.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 601
  • super red 2.jpg
    super red 2.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 590
  • super red 3.jpg
    super red 3.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 559

xenon240

Did you see it in person? Because I don't see any red showing on the gills or scales. In fact Yuda do not show red at that young size. If you are concerned make sure it is eating. IMO I would not pay any more than $700 for it.

rainbowfish

Hi Nick,

This red look bit thin and small for the head and eyes. Maybe if you want to buy, ask the seller to demo feeding for assurance.

Arrow

I find this thread to be very amusing.

Pics do not do this fish justice, he was a great eater 3 worms a day.

When sold last week he was now a solid 8in and I am sure he will develop into a nice super red. Perhaps you were lokking too much into this purchase and should do some more research. IMO you were expecting a super high grade arow for the lowballer price of $500 which is all you were going to pay. For such a low price you should not get your hopes so high since that price is what a regular RTG goes for.

I am glad to say the the fish went to a great home and is still in the hands of a resposnsible keeper who actually knows his stuff.
And the best part abot the deal was that I wasnt given excuses by the buyer in an attempt to get lowballed, he actually paid the asking price after thoroughly inspecting the fish.

Good luck on your quest of finding and arow, perhaps you'll be able to find a nice rtg since thats all you can afford.

BM80

Well said, I also find it amusing that people still try to lowball when the deal is already freakin sweet.

Guess some people should just stick to keeping guppies..