Dwarf African Feeder Frogs

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Looks like I have 1200 of these guys. For sale cheap, 200 for $50, plus whatever shipping is. Size is 1-2 inches.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Yup, very much alive frogs. Marius suggested keeping some in a 33 gallon and pumping them on blood worms and flake food. Probably a good idea. :)

They are dwarf aquatic African frogs (Phyronoglossus laevis), fully aquatic, and raised in Indonesia. They are sold throughout South East Asia as feeders for Asian aros and other large predatory fish.

If you guys in GTA or Winnipeg or wherever want some, I'll ship some out for the cost of the shipping on Westjet - about $75. The frogs should wholesale at about $50 for 200 I think.

This all came about when I casually mentioned to the guys at CVMaju that I might be interested in getting some frogs. Without confirming further, I now find out I HAVE some frogs! :) :eek:

This is one hopping deal :D so if you have a larger aro of 12-14 inches and up this could be your one and only chance to get some premium live food for close to the cost of shipping... :)

Last edited:

Eddio

Pumping the frogs would be a good thing to do for sure -- but these guys are wild caught right? It's probably a good idea to quanratine them to avoid parasites being introduces into your fish / tank.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
lol 1200 fit in a box. :)

Today I unloaded 200 + 200 + 200 +200.

Now I have 200 + 200 left to get rid of to local aro heads in the next few days. :)