Fly river turtle not doing good

rudy

I recently acquired and FRT. Best way to describe the issue is he floats like a cork. He cannot get to the bottom of the tank and stay there.

Any thought on what I can do to save the little guy? He will bite at pellets however does not eat them.

m_class2g

Sponsor
id lower the water level to just a few inches so the frt can go up for air a lot easier. feed him bloodworms. thats what i started with my frt. for pellets, try floating reptomin. worked for me! i would avoid algae discs since they get ripped up too easy. small pnts cant eat the discs too well either.

add salt to the water and raise temp to 83? im no expert with frts but thats what id do. if that doesnt work, maybe take him to the vet. i guess they can get swim bladder problem as well.

rudy

From what I am told it is a respiratory infection. Not good regardless. Either going to cost me a ton at a competant vet, or let nature take its course. To bad but it is in a late stage so does not look good.

carcrazy

Sorry for your loss. I also lost an asian soft shell turtle a little while ago (had 2 now only 1). The little guy also refused to eat.

skynoch

Everything seems to be good with the other FRT. Rudy was nice enough to give me the healthy one when I went to pick up mine from him.
Sorry about the loss I know how the kids loved it.