Fly River Turtle Video

bcarlos

I picked these guys up a couple months ago and I'm really happy with them. They're still small, about 4 inches across the shell, but they have loads of personality and I was lucky enough to get two very active ones.

-DC-

very cool, i can't wait to find one for myself! I used to be big into reptiles, few years ago i moved sold of 99% of the collection and when i started up again converted over to fish, these guy's have been on the wish list for both hobbies!

Juice604

love these guys !! , are you keeping the ph at a higher volume to help with the shell defects ?? i noticed the very active one has a jagged shell .

oh ya lots of veggies at this size ,stay away from meaty foods it can cause shell curl

bcarlos

love these guys !! , are you keeping the ph at a higher volume to help with the shell defects ?? i noticed the very active one has a jagged shell .

oh ya lots of veggies at this size ,stay away from meaty foods it can cause shell curl

PH is naturally high in my area due to the limestone deposits in the Grand River. If you're an African cichlid keeper, this is the place to be! These guys are eating fruits and veggies almost exclusively.

Juice604

PH is naturally high in my area due to the limestone deposits in the Grand River. If you're an African cichlid keeper, this is the place to be! These guys are eating fruits and veggies almost exclusively.

wow , your lucky then .. ya good clean water and a great diet at this stage and these guys will thrive , once they get bigger , diet can be much more varied for sure ... :D