For those that have goldenxb arowanas...

aro7

me again...more questions...:D

Ive been trying to read up a lot on WTT, and theres so many different opinions...

this is what ive found out so far about WTT...

helps bring out the shine, and helps the aro cross faster...only temporarily

some people say that it makes your aro a paler gold though?

is WTT only used for a period of time? meaning you change backgrounds every so often to a lighter blue after?

anyone try this? what background do u have for your golden?

i would love to have better shine and faster cross, but i like the 24k gold color over a paler gold so dunno what to do

isjah

imo, if u like the intense gold colour, do not wtt ur xb, as u said wtt is to achieve crossing at a faster rate but the tone will suffer, i am also a newbie. some ppl like different things in xb, some must have crossing, some likes intense gold with pearlies, what do u like and do whats best.

aro7

ive read somewhere that arowans are sorta like chamelions, there colors can minor adjust to the backgrounds...so like red arowanas put in darker backgrounds to bring out a bigger contrast, i wonder if i put a gold in a darker background if it would still look as nice.

h.l_nathan

no

ive read somewhere that arowans are sorta like chamelions, there colors can minor adjust to the backgrounds...so like red arowanas put in darker backgrounds to bring out a bigger contrast, i wonder if i put a gold in a darker background if it would still look as nice.

The darker background fit the reds better. It give the illusion thats all. as for more red color i dont think so, but xb in a wtt will show more xsing. If you like your aro with more of a gold color then you should Tan your aro with a HPS lighting of some source

FOSSILFISH

Sorry to answer so late on this one,
For me, I am against WTT. It's like cheating your self to make your aro look better than what it is.
If I see a cross back in a white tank at a LFS, it doesn't impress me because I am looking at an enhanced aro.

I know all LFS shows all their XB in a white or light blue tank cause the farms suggests that.
I have seen some pics on the showcase where some members have bought a cross back that look like HB RTG's.
For those that haven't and are looking to buy a FG XB I would be cautious.

I think it's missleading us consumers by making the arowana look more gold than it should. I don't think it will raise the shine any higher because if it did, the regular RTG's would have developed higher scale level development a long time ago.

arl

I agree 100% with FOSSILFISH. Some hobbyist believe the otherway around though even extending the wtt at home. Don't really see the point, but I guess to each his own :D.