got 5 peacock bass, need help id with ich???, and suggestion! (pic included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevincao

hi, i got 5 peacock that looks like mono for $100 each, at aqua pets i think....(i always forget their name) owner's/GM name is Ricky. they are about 6.5 inch big, i would like to know if the price is reasonable for this type of mono, and what are they? also one of the mono got white spot on the eye that looks like ich, yet none of the others have any on anywhere, just that one spot on the eye, i put salt already, still there. what can it be and what can i do about it??? i have included in the picture, thanks.

looks to me like 90% of mono and 10% of orin lol

what do you guys thinks???

the "ich look alike" eye
1002587.jpg

1002597q.jpg

and now on with the pics
1002590.jpg

1002569r.jpg

1002555.jpg

1002546w.jpg

1002548v.jpg

1002542u.jpg

Last edited:

kevincao

thanks, for sure they'll get pumped, just training them off feeders right now (second day lol), would take week or two, but once that's done, is time to pump!! :D

Kolewolf

Definitely Occels!! Look at the vertical lines and how they don't go all the way up to the dorsal. Super got it right on second glance. And no Ich either.

bcarlos

Why would you pay $100+ for a fish (let alone 5 of them) without knowing what kind it is? Seems a bit silly to me.

kevincao

says mono on the glass, i just want suggestions here. and like all others, i have a basic idea what they would be, just want to know what other thinks what type it is. i still think is a mono :)

kevincao

cool, thanks. saw your post on the tem, they sure grow hella fast :p what tank were you growing them in at first? i'm thinking getting 2 orin that big lol

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
cool, thanks. saw your post on the tem, they sure grow hella fast :p what tank were you growing them in at first? i'm thinking getting 2 orin that big lol

I started the tems in a 6 foot 125, but only because I didn't have a smaller tankn available. :)

Cypher

These are definitely Occelaris. Monos would have dark black patches all over the body, as per below:

Stand008.jpg

kevincao

hi, what do you mean by black patches? you mean the abdominal blotch area? if is that, not all monos has blotch area. but true monos definitely would be the first two on your picture there. the first one that's a very nice mono!

oh and ocell has blotch too :D

Last edited:

carcrazy

They look like my 4 pbass, I guess I have mono's too. My pbass eat a lot of shrimp and are starting to look a little crowded in my 320g tank. I hope you have a big tank lined up for them in the future.

JOHN B

IS NOT SILLY. IS STUPID.
He loves using that Stupid word on other people all the time.

Last edited:

JOHN B

Convert the livingroom to a living tank. The last time you ran away for a week. When your dad disallowed this fish tank in your bed room not a livingroom. LOL. Also, Bill is in Dragon King in Scarborough not Dragon in Mississauga. That's Steve.

Last edited:

CORVETTE

Get ready for big fish fast with big mouths. I had to sell mine off at 20"

Attachments

• P1050127.JPG
    P1050127.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,059
  • P1050110.JPG
    P1050110.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 962
Last edited:
Status