Got a job offer in Vancouver... should I take it?

JLee

Hello everyone,

Was wondering what you guys thought about moving from GTA to Vancouver. I want to keep the company name private, but they are pretty reputable. I received an offer from them early last week and am going to be brought in for an interview next week. The pays a bit better but I get a good amount of benefits.

I get to see my lil bro and it is also cheaper to fly home to California during holidays and vacation.

I honestly like both Toronto and Vancouver, so it is a toss up. What do you guys think? Should I take it fit I get it?

Best,

peacockbass

vancouver...scenery is beautiful...ocean..mountains galore.....cost of living is much higher so also factor that into the equation.....and if you can stand the rain that they get....go for it....good luck...

JLee

vancouver...scenery is beautiful...ocean..mountains galore.....cost of living is much higher so also factor that into the equation.....and if you can stand the rain that they get....go for it....good luck...

I know what you mean! During the time I was there a couple weeks back it was just constant on/off rain.

Juice604

it doesnt rain here that much , it snows just as much back east ;)

but ya cost of living is a joke , plus hst is coming ? :cool:

DaiDee

If it were me, I would have to be offered a considerable raise to relocate to BC. The stories I hear about the taxes, gas and living expenses from my collegues over there, I don't get how some of them get by lol.

It does sound like a beautiful place to visit though.

peacockbass

it doesnt rain here that much , it snows just as much back east ;)

but ya cost of living is a joke , plus hst is coming ? :cool:

rain is just simply depressing.....at least out east..we'll have nice sunny days still....its just the damn cold i can't stand....snow i can live with....fyi...HST is coming to all provinces...lol...

Yuppa

Super Moderator
Vancouver has a very mild climate compared to the rest of canada.. Most years winter is 1 day of snow, and it rarely falls below freezing. People complain about the rain, but mostly spring is rainy.. The last few summers have been dry and hot. Don't let the cost of living detract you from moving here either, its a great city.

CORVETTE

Alberta doesn't have the HST or provincial sales tax. And i say move to B.C. family is important and they don't last for ever.

snow

Come to b.c , you will like it! If you are into skiing in fresh and awsome SNOW then this is a place to be. Yes b.c is all around pricey to live in but say if you work in Van city you could buy a condo or house or whatever out in the valley, if you do this your home will cost much less. Our house is for sale right now! Buy it, lots of room for big tanks, lol:)

JLee

Update****

Got the job. Took me a while to consider the pros and cons but I've decided to move to Vancouver. Going to be moving around Nov. hopefully completely settled in by New Years. =]

Maybe getting a new larger tank and possibly a aro community in the works?!?!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Congratulations, that is awesome news! :)

We'll have to get together for a coffee when you are here; I can introduce you to at least a dozen aro keepers I know locally. :)

JLee

Congratulations, that is awesome news! :)

We'll have to get together for a coffee when you are here; I can introduce you to at least a dozen aro keepers I know locally. :)

That sounds like great fun - always a great pleasure to meet fellow enthusiasts. I can't wait, thanks Theo!

snow

Glad you decided to move here. There are lots of arrow keepers here.:) and many places to buy arrow fish.