Hello from Mauritius.

DrBranDo

Hi guys.

I now have a chance to say hello. I used to keep aros and only have an experience of 3-4 years. I started with a silver not knowing what I was getting into and upgraded to a green and finally to RTG.

I was staying in Toronto and had my silver for 8 month when I decided to upgrade to green. I kept it for only 6 month and move to RTG which I kept for over 2 years when I had to leave Canada because of my student permit.

I'm now back home in Mauritius where I'm waiting for my immigration papers which I hope to get in 2 - 3 years. I dont have any tank here but this will change in the near future. The cabinet is currently being built. I already bought my filters, heaters and tank. I will try to get my hand on an asian aro but it will be a pain since we only have silvers here. I will update as soon as I manage to get someone to bring me an asian aro.

So for now I can only drools on my aro books and you guys aros. :)

frozen-fire

nice to see you here norman.

did the metro toronto zoo tell you how they were gonna set up the enclosure for the rtg? maybe they are going to replace the old green that they have had for so long. i'd love to go and check out your fish.

DrBranDo

They told me they will put the RTG in an 18 thousand gallon tank. The latter will surely have lots of tank mates in this huge tank. I also can't wait to come back to TO and check on it since when I left the latter was still on quarantine.

Btw I don't remember seeing a green aro there but I know they had one very old xb. Then again TO Zoo is huge. :)

The most impressive tank was the cichlid one. A must see for anyone who has never been to TO Zoo.

nice to see you here norman.

did the metro toronto zoo tell you how they were gonna set up the enclosure for the rtg? maybe they are going to replace the old green that they have had for so long. i'd love to go and check out your fish.