help aro stop eating pellet

tjieh

i dont know what happen, my aro has been eating pellet in the past years, and just few weeks ago he stop eating it....

after a week i try some feeder fish just to make sure he eats..... and he ate it...

why would he suddently stop eatting pellet after years??

hondas3000

I bet you would be stop eating too if you eating one food for a year :). It is normal for aro to get sick of one food so you need to feed different diet. Try prawn instead of feeder or kingworms.

impalass

My 4yr.+ rtg eats a variety of pellets supplemented with raw shrimp or talapia once a week only. Any more often and he'll go off the pellets completely.

Imo stay away from live feeders (not health), get him on raw shrimp, talapia, or any other white fish meat/fillet. Worst case senario if he refuses pellets from now on, you can stuff the fillet/shrimp with masivore.

King or super worms may be addictive for your arrow, and could result in him eating nothing else. Good luck.

jsodwi

Yea feed more of a variety. Probably bored. I feed Market shrimp, tilapia, earthworms occasionally and pellets

kman

how you guy feed tilapia??

is it from frozen packages? do you thaw out first or just shave off frozen slivers??

Arrow

What I like to do is buy it fresh, cut it into bitesize pieces and then freeze.
Then when you want to feed just thaw and feed

kman

What I like to do is buy it fresh, cut it into bitesize pieces and then freeze.
Then when you want to feed just thaw and feed

you buy fresh whole fish at $3.99 per lb?? thats a lot of work to fillet and freeze

Arrow

I dont remember how much for a single fillet, I'll have to ask my wife since she gets it from the grocery store.

Not alot of work at all, I just use kitchen scissors and cut bite sized pieces into a tupper ware container and then freeze.
It takes me all of 5min

James Sananikone

i dont know what happen, my aro has been eating pellet in the past years, and just few weeks ago he stop eating it....

after a week i try some feeder fish just to make sure he eats..... and he ate it...

why would he suddently stop eatting pellet after years??

From time to time, it happens that the Aro stops eating his regular food,

he might completly stop eating from few days to few weeks,

as long as your water quality is still ok. You don't have to worry too much ...

peacockbass

try to feed them a varied diet...mix it up....having tank mates also helps them keep steady appetitie if they think they have to compete for food and see tank mates eating....i was able to get mine to eat whatever my STs or geos were eating when they were all together...