Hi from the middle of Canada (Saskatoon)

Alx

Hi everyone, well I just testing waters with what it takes to take care of Arowana, as I like to keep my fishes happy. Currently main fish in my tanks are Discuses (Here is the pick of my 150Gl).
I run 150GL Display,
2x90Gl adults
1x70Gl display
2X50Gl for juveniles.
1x30Gl for fry
4x20Gl breeding tanks.
As I am hoping to get 220gl going in the near future I thought Arowana would be a great selection, and for now I can bring another 90GL on line in a short notice as I have cycled filters and water.

Attachments

• 150 GL .jpg
    150 GL .jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 35
Hello and welcome to the board. I must say I love your tank especially the fact that your not scared to do a planted setup with discus', I feel it looks way better than bb.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
The word "Wow!" popped out of my mouth automatically when I saw the photo of your tank!

Welcome to the board! I once lived near Regina as a kid and spent some summer vacation up in Saskatoon!

Alx

Thank-you everyone.
just thought to add two other pics
from 70GL (sorry not Arowana) :(

Attachments

• PICT0077small.jpg
    PICT0077small.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 20
  • PICT0078small.jpg
    PICT0078small.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 18

rulaifu

Nice. I will say sooner or later you will jump into arowanas. I started with Discus before but now I am only into Arowanas. Hope we will see your arowana tank set up shortly.

arl

Hi alx did you, by any chance, get those discus from April - Petsbeautiful in vancouver? I also got mine from her and I remember her mentioning the name "alex from Saskatoon".

arl

Nice marlboros you have there!!! and in planted tank too!! Are those flechens on your second pic there?

Alx

Hi Arl,
My greetings to April,
My Golds and Blue Diamonds are originally from Barb Newell (Toronto), also Grand Champ Spotted eruptions and Shooting stars from Bob (who is exporter for Dwayne's Discus Hong-Kong). as well as SS, and 3RDs. Started with about 20JV, currently I have 8 breeding pairs, 10 - (for looks) and over 100 Jv from them (getting to the selling size) in my tanks. (not counting sold once)

arl

Have you heard of the very sad news of passing away of Barb? Its very tragic, she was already doing well.

Alx

NO, when did it happened? I new she had cancer surgery, and was recovering very well, then we lost touch for the past year due to my traveling.....

This is very, very sad news to me:(:(:(, she was my mentor through the firs your of Discus keeping, and very good Friend.