how to pump baby RTC + pacu? (pics for reference)

kevincao

hi, so i went to big al scarborough, only to find out that the two large red belly pacu got sold...i was very dispointed, but i bought two baby ones, and 1 baby rtc, i was wondering if anyone know what kind food is good to pump them, they are maybe at 2 inch right now. i feed them chopped shrimp, flakes, (tetra color...lol i know but i got nothing else!!!) please see the pictures and make some suggestions

right now they are in a 20 gallon holding tank, once they grow big they will be transferred.

THANKS!!!!

1002479x.jpg

1002478u.jpg

1002477.jpg

1002475.jpg

1002474l.jpg

1002472i.jpg

danfong88

pellets until they are bigger say 3" in size, then use Shrimp and Krills. This will make them grow faster.

JMorash

Give them 3 months, by then you'll be wishing you never tried to pump them up in the first place haha.

GL,
JMorash

kevincao

-below is picture of the food i just made consist of....
raw shrimp
dried shrimp skin (krill)
carrot
multivitamin
omega 3
fish food flakes
raw squid

enjoy the sushi :D
and please comment if i should add anything else, right now i don't have meassavor pellets yet!

1002480q.jpg

1002483e.jpg

bcarlos

LOL@ Justin

Yeah, unless you have a swimming pool for these guys, I'd refrain from pumping them. Pacu's are garbage disposals though, so feeding shouldnt be a problem.

CORVETTE

MASSIVOR DELIGHT...i use it and believe me both those types of fish grow like weeds. The Red belly Pacu will blow your mind how fast they grow.

whynot91

Kevin, I guess we got the RTC from the same batch at Big Al's I think they are about 17$. Yours is like twice the size of mine from what i saw at your place last night. I'm going to use your recipe today and see how it turns out. I mostly want to pump up my Jardini first :)

chen88

Super Moderator
don't you guys worry about rtc pumping up!...they will eat and get very pump!...my Platinum RTC EATS EATS EATS and EATS!

did I say he eats!

kevincao

hahaha that's funny chen, yeah i wouldn't worry much, but i'd say definitely get the guy to a descent size first, right now, i'm slowing down the pumping process, everything has happened to quick, so i dont' want the guy to get spoiled, i am starting to feed the guy once a day, or every other day, then, go back to pumping again. till he can survive in the big tank :p good luck with your pumpage!! :D