I thought I scored a blue eyed pleco

G_sharky

I was at Lucky's today and saw that they have L-235 blue panaque pleco and since these guys looks exactly like the blue eyed pleco minus the blue eyes(i read somewhere that if not stable blue eyes won't show), I didn't know the L number for the blue eye so I bought it....as soon as I get home I check it out on planet catfish and surprise it's not a blue eyed pleco....Anyways does anybody know what diet these pleco's prefer???? I'm guessing that since it's in the panaque family that it would have the same diet as a royal pleco eating wood and veggies cause planet catfish don't have info on diet of this species...thanks....here's a pic:

100_4755.jpg

jackson

They are not a Panaque that is just part of their common name. They are part of the Ancistrini sp. They like to eat veggies and meat. Give them a mix of both like zucchini, waffers, and frozen shrimp.

Right now the real blue eye's are going for 1000-2000 each

T1KARMANN

their are a few blue eye coming into the market right now but the price is high give it a year and prices should drop

JMorash

If you want some nice blue eyes I can get a good deal one a couple of massive ones, I want one, but need to find a few people to go in on it with me to make it worth it.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
wow i thought blue eyes were all but gone

Oliver Lucanus from Belowwater has them on his list from time to time. Looking at about $1200-1500 depending on the quantity

My mom told me at one point in the 70's and early 80's they were as cheap as regular plecos. She bought one for $2 back then

charles

I bought one at early 80s for $200 HK money. And I gave it away cause it was sucking the slime off my gold fish.

chen88

Super Moderator
just curious why blue eye pleco are so expensive...I think the l46 zebra plecos looks much nicer but quite a small....

Marius

just curious why blue eye pleco are so expensive...I think the l46 zebra plecos looks much nicer but quite a small....

Very rare and nobody breeds them. L046 are being bred in captivity regularly, it's just they grow really slow and that still maintains a good price on them.

jackson

Very rare and nobody breeds them. L046 are being bred in captivity regularly, it's just they grow really slow and that still maintains a good price on them.

L-046 are worth a lot only in north america. Most people I talk to in the UK pay $75 bucks each.

Blue eyed Panaque are worth so much because they are not often seen and until now they were not on the market for many many years.

There are way more plec's out there that are much nicer and worth a lot more money.