I took the plunge!

carcrazy

I have been researching asian arowanas for a while now and was even thinking of participating in a group order here to buy one through the net.

After my sump bursting last night, I thought that I would pay a visit to the big city and check canister filters and what did I find but a 8" high back RTG. It looked so nice that I couldn't resist and $1130 later, it was mine! The price is probably a little high, but they are really rare here in Manitoba and I liked the idea of seeing the fish before I bought it. It was even eating pellets!

The arowana will be soon replacing a Jardini in my 320 g tank as it will be more peacefull with the 2 rays and tiger dat. The Jardini will eventually have its own tank (120 g) all to himself after the reef tank contents in the 120 are transfered to the new 200 g that is coming soon (well, it's a used tank, but new to me).

Man, this hobby is addictive...

carcrazy

Yes, you're right! How did you know? Ewing is a really helpful guy and he is holding my arowana for me while he gets his old (my new) 200 g tank ready. I couldn't resist the price of $750 for the 200g tank, stand, canopy and lids. Man, the house is starting to look like a fish store! Good thing the house was originally a store as half of it has a concrete floor. No worries about the weight of all the tanks (plus a snooker table) :)

I can't transfer my Jardini to the 120 until the new tank gets set up. I was going to keep him in an old 50 g tank but the center brace broke today and I had to empty it in a hurry. It had 2 severum in it that I transfered to a 165 g angel tank, only to discover that the heater wasn't working in that one and the temp. was 73 degrees. Good thing I had a couple spare heaters. Man, when it rains it pours...

homebrewed

Super Moderator
He's the only one with asian aros on hand

Nice pickup, I looked at it yesterday. Great looking fish with potential.

Which 200 are you picking up? The one with the big RTG and silver aro in it?

T1KARMANN

price is not something that bothers me to much :D

if i like the fish and its for sale i will buy

even if the price is crazy i will barter a bit and if i get $20 of im happy

RTG are a great aro you will be more than happy

carcrazy

Hello Homebrewed, I bought the gray tank in the corner of the shop near the front door. I can't remember what aro was in it, I think it was an RTG (I think my memory is going with my hair). It should look nice next to my 320 as they are both about the same width and height, the 320 is just deeper. With the tall canopy on the 200, they should be about the same overall height as well. Viewed from the front, there will be a viewing window from the two tanks of about 12' x 2.5' (I can't wait!).

homebrewed

Super Moderator
When are you taking that little one home?

I payed it a visit yesterday. Very happy when I looked at it

carcrazy

I need to fix my 50 gallon tank first to house a Jardini that it is going to replace. I ordered the glass yesterday (just the center brace on top that broke). If it takes too long, I'll use a 25 gallon to house him. I should be in town on Tuesday to pick him up (hopefully).

Who was happy when you looked at it, you or the fish? And thanks for checking on my fish! I have confidence in Ewing for taking care of him, but you never know.