If you are out of power ........

EEYY

Some areas (in Toronto) are out of power tonight due to Hurricane "Sandy" effect.

Suggested to use .....

- get the battery air pump ready.

- filling warm tape water in durable bag(s), sealing the bag(s) and then put it in your tank as a heater replacement. You are required to check the tank temperature constantly.

Hope that help. :cool::cool:

bcarlos

I already have my battery powered pumps prepped! Fingers crossed that it doesn't hit too hard out my way

chen88

Super Moderator
i've got battery back up pumps but it'll only last like 2-3hours most...so need to start the prayers... :)

EEYY

My experience was that if I don't do anything, the tank temperature would drop roughly 1 degree C. per 2 - 3 hours.

So ..........

chen88

Super Moderator
yeah...not concern about temps dropping too much....more concern about no air going into tank!. If power does go out...I'll switch off my autowater drip as it'll be cold water going into the tank which will be no good....

hondas3000

yeah...not concern about temps dropping too much....more concern about no air going into tank!. If power does go out...I'll switch off my autowater drip as it'll be cold water going into the tank which will be no good....

your drip system should auto shut off when no power, as for air I guess you just sit next to your tank or have a long extend 1/8" air hose where ever you go and once in awhile blow into it :) hehhehe, your tank worth a generator Chen.

fishbill

He already has a generator but is used for his HI-FI, Wi-Fi, Apple accessories and all his toys...etc. To get every toys working, he needs a nuclear power plant right besides his house to supply what he requires! Lol.