INDONESIAN FISH AND INVERTS! GROUP BUY!!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I am going to import a bunch of very large fire eels and polypterus sp. for my new jumbo aquarium. I am also going to get some Indo Dats (Microlepsis) and New Guinea Dats (Campbelli). I will need about 3 shipping boxes for my fish. I am looking for people interested in sourcing some Indonesian fish or inverts to go in on the order with me. If you are looking for one or a few of a fish, you can contact me, but this group order is ideally for people who can fill out a box for themselves or amongst a group of friends etc. If you are a serious hobbyist looking to stock out a large tank(s), this is your chance.

Shipping from Thailand for three boxes was almost $400 on China Airlines; I would guess that we are looking at about $150 per box from Indonesia for a small order (under 50 kgs), but that the price would drop to $75 - 100 for a larger order (over 100kgs). The more we ship, the cheaper the order.

I have published the catalogue WITHOUT the pricing at the following link:

http://www.dragonfish.ca/indonesian_fish.htm

It is not appropriate to publish pricing for such a major farm on the web. This farm is one of the largest in South East Asia and ships world wide. The pricing is phenomenal, lower than Singapore. In fact the farms in Singapore buy many fish from this Indonesian farm! I have met and socialized with the owners while I was in Indonesia. They are a famous and well respected farm. There is a good chance I will be importing Indonesian Super Red Arowana from them in the near future.

They have brackish fish, as well as shrimps, and lots and lots more...

I anticipate a number of forum members potentially getting involved in this order. More on that later.

PM me what you are looking for and I will get back to you.

MananaP

hahahaha i think those are IT he is talking about. But if you can source out 8-10" ST Theo i would love to have one shipped on his own box. Let me know thanks.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
The "ST's" they have in stock are Datnoides campbelli (New Guinea Tigers - NGT) and Datnoides microlepsis (Indonesian Tigers - IT).

I will try to get true ST's (Datnoides pulcher) next year by putting some kind of pressure on my Thai contact (Something along the lines of "Aww, please, please, please, please...:D).

MananaP

The "ST's" they have in stock are Datnoides campbelli (New Guinea Tigers - NGT) and Datnoides microlepsis (Indonesian Tigers - IT).

I will try to get true ST's (Datnoides pulcher) next year by putting some kind of pressure on my Thai contact (Something along the lines of "Aww, please, please, please, please...:D).

OH! you're over doing it Theo but PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS do it hahahahaha. :D

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Eric, also known as EEYY on this forum has offered to be the point man for anyone in GTA looking for fish. I have shipped lots of stuff to Eric and he is totally trustworthy guy. Also, he is the only person I know of who has actually sourced where to get frozen centipedes! :)

EEYY

Eric, also known as EEYY on this forum has offered to be the point man for anyone in GTA looking for fish. I have shipped lots of stuff to Eric and he is totally trustworthy guy. Also, he is the only person I know of who has actually sourced where to get frozen centipedes! :)

Thanks for the words.

Frozen centipede would be something that I have been trying to get for more than 1 year. Lots of e-mail went back and forward that you guys never see it!!!

For getting Theo's Thailand shipment (from Thailand to Vancouver then to Toronto) , I would say the situation should be very similar to how Kenta distributed PANDA arowanas at BC Terminal area.

Let's see how the response in Toronto goes!!! :):)

sudi817

Any Toronto hobbyists are interested about it??

Toronto hobbyist here! I'm very much interested to buy some 4-5" ST's or IT's. Pls. PM me if there's an availability and if this plan will push through. It will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

aznaro8

Actually we have 2 Sumatran Tigers left 5-6". Starting to colour nice!!

What are Sumatran Tigers? Another name for Indo Dats? And I thought they were all gone? That's what Theo had told me, if they're still available I want to buy them to go along with the Eels and Bichirs that I'm getting! :D

EEYY

Toronto hobbyist here! I'm very much interested to buy some 4-5" ST's or IT's. Pls. PM me if there's an availability and if this plan will push through. It will be much appreciated. Thanks.

I MIGHT plan to import 1 or 2 boxes of (5"-6") Indo Tigers from Theo. Will update you guys on that.

Thanks.

JMorash

Seems like a lot of people want dats. I think we should just do one big group order of dats of all species and sizes. I would definitely commit to a few nice sized dats.

Jmorash