kinda worried about rays loss of appetite

skynoch

I ended up losing one xingu ray out of the 4 but knowing what I know now the problem wasn't anything serious and in all likely hood was not a fungus or bacteria problem but more so a problem to do with the leo pups that were tankmates at the time and at night would bite at the edges of the xingu constatly. This ended up looking like a bacteria problem that someone else had so it sent me to panic mode as it was suppose to be very deadly. I ended up treating like told but with the knowledge out there now I would never treat the same way again and I also used a med that was suppose to be ray safe but is not.
Leos are notorious for nipping at other rays so you have to be careful when mixing leos. Leos with tigers/flowers are very bad combos because these rays have a thinner edge and a more delicate surface so they will cause more damage causing stress and/or death. You may notice little chunks missing around the edge, redness, loss of slimecoat or the edges themselves looking thinner and more transparent when this happens.