leaky penguin filter

shadwone

I have a cracked filter case and I am trying to repair. I am thinking of using marinefix fast. Can anyone comment or suggest something else to repair. As you can understand, I am very cautious with any epxoy or glue

This filter will be used as a secondary filter for the tank which will house my baby RTG

EEYY

I have a cracked filter case and I am trying to repair. I am thinking of using marinefix fast. Can anyone comment or suggest something else to repair. As you can understand, I am very cautious with any epxoy or glue

This filter will be used as a secondary filter for the tank which will house my baby RTG

I've heard that there has a water-proof epoxy to seal crack. But, better read the chemical component first.

OR simply buy one used AC70 as a replacement for the time being.

carcrazy

I have used aquarium sealant on an aquaclear filter before. I used it for a couple years and never had a leak.

DaiDee

I'd recommend you just replace it with a AC110. You'll sleep better knowing you don't have chemicals leeching into your water. If I had to choose a HOB filter, I'd definitely go with Aquaclear.