Lighting Question

aznaro8

I'm gonna get some lights on my tank soon and just wondering what people think would be a good choice? I've never cared very much with lighting, I hardly ever use the tanks that do have lights on them. But my tank is in my office and the lights are always going on and off at night and it seems to spook my tigers and aro so I figure I probably should get a light and then leave it on at night so my fish don't get spooked with the constant on and off of the room lights.

It's a 6' tank, should I get 2 36" strip lights or try and get just one big strip light? Also, would a single strip be enough? Or do I need a double strip? Since I am getting lighting, wanting to get something that'll make my fish look nice when lights are on! :D

arl

In terms of color of light,it will just be a matter of personal preference. I personally like soft white over day light. The yellow light gives my RTG's more gold to look at. Take note though that if your particular with XB crossing, leaving lights 24 hrs slows down the crossing on most xb. I don't care much about leaving lights on my RTG's they're never ment to cross anyway.:D