Music & Audio Hobby Enthusiasts

dimfer

Ok, music lovers and audiophiles - stand up and be counted.

Happy to find out the there is somebody else here who is into music and audio.

I am more into music than the gears (although my wife thinks it is the other way around). I attended the last CES to checkout the best gears available. I enjoy music and audio hobby as much as I enjoy aro keeping. In fact, I think they are good complimentary hobbies, you can enjoy both at the same time.

I started with hard rock in my younger days, still can tolerate top 40's and other pop music, I also listen to clasical music. My main interest now is jazz and standard. This is not my natural genre, but as I progressed into the hobby, I found myself listening to jazz music more because they are generally better recorded. Listening to Diana Krall, Tony Bennett, Stacey Kent, Katie Melua, Chris Botti & so on. I also have a collection of 600 vinyl records mainly clasic rock & jazz. I don't listen to country music.

My gears are

Accentus A101 speakers, Antique Sound Lab Hurricane tube amps, Antique Sound Lab Flora EX DT pre-amp, Allnic H1200 phono pre-amp, all Virtual Dynamics Nite Series 3.0 cables, MBL DAC, MBL CD player, Copland 250 digital room correction, Garrard 301 tt, Garrard Lab 80 Mk2 tt, Monster Power HTPS 7000 Signature Series power center.

Here's picture of my current setup
123007j.jpg

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I love music myself. I had a fairly simple but nice setup which was destroyed a few months back when I lost my house. I was just starting to get into vinyls.

I'll listen to anything but have yet to develop a taste for country.

Right now I'm collecting alot of older rock and blues

carcrazy

My main setup consists of a Bedini 100/100 1 meg amp, Threshold T3 preamp, EAD Ovation surround sound processor, Faroudja DV1000 DVD player, Pioneer Elite F91 tuner, Forte model 3 surround amp, Newform Research R645 front speakers, Newform Research R630 rear surround speakers, Axiom EP500 subwoofer. And a 65" Toshiba projection TV.

My fish room/weight room has a Bedini 150/150 amp, Forte F40 preamp, Pioneer TX9800 tuner, JVC DVD player (cheap), NHT SB3 speakers, M&K MX70B subwoofer.

My bedroom system consists of another Bedini 150/150 amp (do you think I like Bedini?), a Coda Continuum Time Window preamp, a Luxman T210L tuner (basic but clear), Monitor Audio MA700 Gold MKII speakers and another M&K MX70B subwoofer. I also listen to a Lowe HF-150 shortwave radio on occasion.