My CV Maju Blood Red aro

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Many thanks to Jeremy for babysitting this beauty while I was out of country all of August. I finally got my 300 gallon tank up and running :rolleyes: but I think it will be worth the wait. I'll upload and post a video of the tank proper tomorrow, along with another video or two of other fish.

The video here was shot under a NAN light; I'll post a video of the same fish tomorrow under normal 40 watt flourescent shop lights.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I'll take some photos of the sump I am using, stock unit came with tank; I am setting up a second sump which I am modifying so as to have a 24 hour water change system. I should have some photos of that set up in a few days.

For now, another video of the Maju Red, this one with out NAN lights:

bcarlos

I always appreciate an aro vid/pic without NAN lighting, shows off the true, unenhanced beauty of the fish. He looks fantastic, Theo. Awesome gill plate colouration and thick-framed scales all around. And he still has so much growing to do!

I love the big, wide finnage so characteristic of these Indo aro's. Definitely my favourite trait of Maju's fish.

I know this is one of your dream fish, so congrats on achieving that. And please keep us updated with the development.

King-eL

I'm for sure gonna get a maju blood red on the next year's order. My maju chili red is now at 13" and banjar at 13.5" and soon will be added to the comm tank. Will post pics of them soon.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Thanks for the comments everyone, I am very happy with the fish.

I just had a "newbie" type problem a few days ago. This 300 gallon was set up beginning of September, was running for a month prior to introducing the aro. Feeding for the aro increased last week to 30 SW per day. After 5 days of increased feeding I got a very high ammonia spike, in the range of 1.5-2. Daily 100 gallon water changes, plus use of Prime, and all is well again. Nh Parameters are zero. Now I am dosing the tank with some Seachem Stability for a week just to make sure the tank is fully cycled. Good thing the rays I am expecting were delayed, good thing aros are hardy.

I know Nico tells all prospective customers that their tanks should have been running for at least 6-8 weeks prior to introduction of rays, my tank looks to prove the truth of that advice.

Last edited: