my planted aro tank

ahok

Hi guys
Check out my planted tank and give me all comments about the aro and tank. Thanks
aros tank 001.jpg

aros tank 002.jpg

aros tank 003.jpg

aros tank 004.jpg

aros tank 007.jpg

aros tank 008.jpg

chen88

Super Moderator
beautiful planted tank!...I've always wanted a planted...just seemed like way too much work.

ahok

beautiful planted tank!...I've always wanted a planted...just seemed like way too much work.

Not really Chen88...maybe when you first setup but after the tank is established then all you have to W/C once a month.

ahok

my 300 gal tank

again let me know what you think. Thanks

Attachments

• aros tank 005.jpg
    aros tank 005.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 460
  • aros tank 006.jpg
    aros tank 006.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 456

hustler

What type of lights do you use? and fertilizers?
I really want to do a giant patch of anubias in my tank

roninkenshin

I've seen the setup, metal halides on the first set of images, nothing but the glare off the metal halides for the last 2 pictures.

ahok

hi guys, I will try to answer all in one post.
It is 230 gal tank, there are 4 of 250 W MH bulb but it was too strong so I got algae so I cut back only using 2 (1 and 3) for 1 week and then (2 and 4) for one week so that all the plants will have the same amount of light.

It works out to be 2.17 W/G and it has been working better. I also use Co2 as well and it is on the timer with the light so it will only pump Co2 when the light is on for 4 hours, 4 off and 4 hours on again. Then at night the air pump kicks in till the light comes on in the morning.
I also have those dosing: monopotassium phosphate, potassium sulphate, potassium nitrate and trace elements for plant.

If any of you guys live in Edmonton or happen to be in Edmonton and wants to come and see my tanks then you are welcome to come to my place. I live in the west end of Edmonton.

The other 2 pictures with bare bottom tank (300 gal) has a 20 gal planted tank on the side of the tank which is used to be part of my filtration beside my sump and FX5.