Nami or Batik Green arowana?

babymack

hey what do you guys think about these?
i think they are very cool.. thinking of ordering a few:D

anyone got more info on them?

BatikAro09.jpg

BatikAro01.jpg

exoticaquaria

these guys are pretty expensive. i think 3k + each when i was quoted beg of 2011. theres different grades of nami green as well.

exoticaquaria

oh ya that is pretty pricey for a green lol? what are the diff grades mike?

as i was told, grading depends on the amount of nami pattern on the gill area and on the body. this will reflect price. the ones you posted above will probably be in the 5000 + range.

compared to the below pic that has nami pattern on the gill plate only.
20110529073737309.jpg

babymack

ahhh icic but they dont develope the paterns till i think around 10-12' mark.. so i guess its a wating game lol

T1KARMANN

the problem is if they are aggressive like other greens then they are nearly as aggressive as a jar

greens are the most aggressive of all asian aros so you will be lucky to keep it with tank mates

and this type of green gets much bigger than golds even bigger than red from what i know

babymack

i have had greens before and they arent nearly as bad as rtg's or jadinis i have ever had.. but im sure with one of these as pricey as they are would be best kept alone and not in a arowana com

T1KARMANN

its just a green at the end of the day you can get a much better looking aro for much less

let me think what i would spend 4k on mmmmmmmm red gold or green i wouldnt have to think for long

babymack

i would have to agree!!! but i have red and gold:D really would like to have something diff noone else has hehe

T1KARMANN

i would have to agree!!! but i have red and gold:D really would like to have something diff noone else has hehe

there is prob a good reason why no one else has them they are to much $$$$$ and dont look that great

loads of people have and spend big $$$$ on golds reds and bd rays why because they look good and the thousands of fishkeepers with them cant be wrong

loads of people have 4k to drop on a fish but dont bother with a green because you can get a much better fish for less

babymack

there is prob a good reason why no one else has them they are to much $$$$$ and dont look that great

loads of people have and spend big $$$$ on golds reds and bd rays why because they look good and the thousands of fishkeepers with them cant be wrong

loads of people have 4k to drop on a fish but dont bother with a green because you can get a much better fish for less

also very true:D