New Aqueon Powerheads by Oceanic

chen88

Super Moderator
I was going to buy a couple more Hydor Korolia powerheads from Pets and pond but they told me that the Hydor's Kor's are now discountinued as they were coming out with new powerheads in a couple months. Oceanic just came out with a new power head called Aqueon's which are equal or slightly better....They very new and Just came out so I managed to get my hands on a couple 1250gph's and 1650's for my tank....here's the link to them...so far they have excellent reviews and I'm really liking the suction cups....I am getting them delivered to me Monday....will see how it goes!

http://www.yousaytoo.com/new-aqueon-powerheads/207123

chen88

Super Moderator
Have a look on the full tank view on my link. You will see the aqueon powerhead on the tank

here's pets and pond's website
http://www.petsandponds.com/en/aquarium-supplies/c7024/index.html

IMG_5871.jpg

Last edited:

danfong88

WOW.... with fourpowerhead.... how do you feed the fishes? power must be shut off??? the powerhead looks nice, do you like so far? the price is good at Pet and Ponds?

chen88

Super Moderator
no problem with feeding....all the powerheads are focused on either the front or back panels and when food gets drop in the center, they go straight down whether they are MP's or pellets. Powerheads focused on front and back panels to keep the inside of the panels as clean as possible and also the fact the tank is 8ft long x 3ft, the powerheads doesn't create any waves!...

danfong88

that is good to know... these ocenic power does it have a better flow rates than the hydor power head? i might some some too... for my new upcoming Starfire tank... coming in April,10.

chen88

Super Moderator
that is good to know... these ocenic power does it have a better flow rates than the hydor power head? i might some some too... for my new upcoming Starfire tank... coming in April,10.

Flow rate similar to Hydor. Hydor has stop production of their current powerhead and will be releasing a newer model....Oceanic jumped at the opportunity between old and new from Hydor to try to capture more of the their market....I think they are the same...but really like the suction cup method of oceanic vs the Hydor...

Pets and Pond is a good place for prices.....I've done many comparables with them and others...but always research before buying as sometimes other online places go on sale!...JL, Mops, BA are all good at certain times...