New members pending for over a week :(

CanadaPleco

What gives? Several people have let me know that they have tried registering here and posting pics in the contest area but their new account has been pending for over a week. Not very good at all, makes me want to re-think this... Pretty crappy if people can't even register to post a photo to win!

tman

Super Moderator
What gives? Several people have let me know that they have tried registering here and posting pics in the contest area but their new account has been pending for over a week. Not very good at all, makes me want to re-think this... Pretty crappy if people can't even register to post a photo to win!
Can't just post a photo and win!!
You will need to tell these several people that once they are registered they will still need 50 posts here to be valid for any of the contests including the photo ones. They can't just post photos.

arowanaclub.ca

Administrator
Staff member
I have had some problems with the software lately; for example, new forum member "plecoholic" did not seem to get the auto registration mail out; I just sent them an email by hand. In the case of "Eros 168" and "Nismo22" it is my error as I did not get around to activating them in a timely manner. For every registration I do a double search on the ISP#, email address and user name (see below).

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Looking over the latest registrations I have:

Reis - registered today, activated today

RTGblackaro - registered today, activated today

Nismo22 - registered Jan. 26 - activated today

Eros168 - registered Jan. 23 - activated today

plecoholic - registered Jan 23 - activated Jan.25

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

loner - registered Jan. 18
- isp of 220.255.2.111
IP Reports for 220.255.2.111 - Stop Forum Spam

www.stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/220.255.2.111
User Panel ». My Spammers · Submission Stats · API Keys. Contact ». Removal · Twitter · Donate. 220.255.2.111 appears in our database 0 times ...

CanadaPleco

wow. 50 posts, das a lot.

Forum spam is a big pain in the butt, to say the least. I recently moved to ip.board and it seems to be a lot better then VB for spam.