New to hobby: Can I keep to Asian Aros in the same tank

1goodcatch

At the Begining of June I picked up a 16" RTG and a couple of weeks picked up a 12" Red wich s much smaller than the RTG. Currently they are both in my 135Gal (72X24X18) tank with a glass seperator. They show no agression towards each other and wondering what would happen if i remove the glass
Other other tank mate is a 4" Red tail Cat. Amazing fish to keep the tank clean, no food is left uneaten :)
advise please
thank you

carcrazy

Most people would say you either need more aros (community) to spread out the aggression or have just one aro. And you will need a bigger tank, that cat fish is going to get really big.

I have a similar sized tank (78 x 22 x 17 = 126g) and have wondered if it was big enough for an aro. It is being used as a ray grow out tank right now. What kind of filtration do you have on your tank?

EEYY

At the Begining of June I picked up a 16" RTG and a couple of weeks picked up a 12" Red wich s much smaller than the RTG. Currently they are both in my 135Gal (72X24X18) tank with a glass seperator. They show no agression towards each other and wondering what would happen if i remove the glass
Other other tank mate is a 4" Red tail Cat. Amazing fish to keep the tank clean, no food is left uneaten :)
advise please
thank you

99% of chance that they will fight, even though they look fine.

If you really want to give it a try, take out the separator for about 1 - 2 minutes but you have to be standby, getting ready to separate them.

1goodcatch

thanks guys for the Advise
filteration is 3 Eheims and a Fluval 404
in the process of setting up a sump, once done, will retire some of the filters.

you are right, that cat is growing as I watch him.. never seen any thing grow that fast
once he gets too big he is out :-(
This is an Aro tank, not Cat :)
gona look at getting another Aro.. and may be do a test by taking out seperator.
for sure I will be watching a feet away.

EEYY

thanks guys for the Advise
filteration is 3 Eheims and a Fluval 404
in the process of setting up a sump, once done, will retire some of the filters.

you are right, that cat is growing as I watch him.. never seen any thing grow that fast
once he gets too big he is out :-(
This is an Aro tank, not Cat :)
gona look at getting another Aro.. and may be do a test by taking out seperator.
for sure I will be watching a feet away.

Trying to hold the divider on hands for the "just-in-case" situation.

99% of chance you are going to see them to circle around then usually the bigger aro. will start to bite the fin/tail of the smaller one.

1goodcatch

I sure plan to keep the divider on hand and jump in in the first sign of problem
thanks for the tip on the "circle around" , will look out for that.