NTT

CHILLI RED

I am hoping some experienced datnoid keepers can help me with my question. How hard would it be to find a thinbar dat with full "necklace and belt"? I have heard of people having these before and wondered how rare they would be. Has anyone owned one of these? I am looking out for a nice NTT and would prefer to find a beautiful stable one with this type of stripes. Will I be able to find one or should I just forget about it and pick up a stable one with normal striping? Thanks for any suggestions.:)

T1KARMANN

they are very hard to find

the trouble is if its unstable you wont be able to see the neck band clear

un like other tigers they can lose the neckband as they grow so a 2inch thin bar may have full neckband but may lose it when they get to 7-8inch

i looked for years to find one but it got killed last month by my rays :(

you just need to look at every tank full of thin bars for sale in LFS you may get lucky

for my the neckband is important as it gives the tiger a whole different look to one without the neckband

Yuppa

Super Moderator
I Agree with t1karmann, even if you find a small one with full necklace, good chance it will split by the time it is adult..
best chance is to pick a few out small and see if any stay full necklace as they grow, or try to find 12"+ one..

oshiet

I have 2 NTT, one of who's full necklace split after about 6" They're stable most of the time, but very timmid and like to hide in the corners.

Seen a lot of NTT in the GTA lately, even Big Al's has some in Mississauga.

Marius

they are very hard to find

the trouble is if its unstable you wont be able to see the neck band clear

un like other tigers they can lose the neckband as they grow so a 2inch thin bar may have full neckband but may lose it when they get to 7-8inch

i looked for years to find one but it got killed last month by my rays :(

you just need to look at every tank full of thin bars for sale in LFS you may get lucky

for my the neckband is important as it gives the tiger a whole different look to one without the neckband

Oh you gotta be kidding me Richard. I thought Datnoids are the safest fish too keep with rays. That must be a badass ray, going over all the spines and such.

Sorry for your loss Richard.