Old Blue base goldens?

T1KARMANN

so what you are saying is we are all getting ripped off with hybrids

maybe we should take ALL of the big farms in SGP to court for selling us something they are not

if you are so sure they are hybrids then what aro is a blue base xback crossed with to get that blue color :confused:

arl

so what you are saying is we are all getting ripped off with hybrids

maybe we should take ALL of the big farms in SGP to court for selling us something they are not

if you are so sure they are hybrids then what aro is a blue base xback crossed with to get that blue color :confused:

I personally don't see anything wrong with hybrids. I am guessing you are still getting 75% original xb :D, it's more of infussing a different strain (RTG or SR) to produce a more attractive/more in demand/more productive xb. I personally think the original XB look is not as attractive as XB today (I am a spoon head fan). The farm do adjust to the demand on the market and producing a new "LOOK" by infusion does give them an edge on the market. It's still being done today, the only difference is they're using names now to their every "NEW" aro "LOOK"/crosses. Back then it was only XB, SR, RTG. even probably when it was a cross breed they'll still call it XB. Probably one that was slightly infused with SR became more popular so farm started breeding this combination still under the name of XB. imho were not really being ripped it's just that aros have evolved/changed.

Last edited:

xbackgolden

I personally don't see anything wrong with hybrids. I am guessing you are still getting 75% original xb :D, it's more of infussing a different strain (RTG or SR) to produce a more attractive/more in demand/more productive xb. I personally think the original XB look is not as attractive as XB today (I am a spoon head fan). The farm do adjust to the demand on the market and producing a new "LOOK" by infusion does give them an edge on the market. It's still being done today, the only difference is they're using names now to their every "NEW" aro "LOOK"/crosses. Back then it was only XB, SR, RTG. even probably when it was a cross breed they'll still call it XB. Probably one that was slightly infused with SR became more popular so farm started breeding this combination still under the name of XB. imho were not really being ripped it's just that aros have evolved/changed.

Guess Arl you hit the nail right in the head. Because of changing customers wants, the farms have to play god and try to infuse the best aspects of each breed into 1 fish. Hence, the look of the xbacks today, however, you pay the price in terms of color intensity is it is very difficult to get the best fit. As for suing the farms for selling hybrids, you are still paying for what you get, the fish you bought still crosses and meets the marketing standards. So.... I don't think you can have any grounds if you sue them.

T1KARMANN

the farms ALL state xback on the cert if its not a xback we are getting ripped

if you buy a ford car with Ferrari badge on it is it a ford or a Ferrari if you pay Ferrari prices you are getting ripped as its only a ford

xbackgolden

the farms ALL state xback on the cert if its not a xback we are getting ripped

if you buy a ford car with Ferrari badge on it is it a ford or a Ferrari if you pay Ferrari prices you are getting ripped as its only a ford

Well... if the cert says xback golden or red and you are getting a fish that has pearlies and 6 lvl crossing. Isn't it an Xback golden? or if you buy a red and the fish turns turns red or dark orange, you are still buying a red arowana. It only becomes a problem when you buy an xback which turns out like a RTG or a red that turns into a yellow tail. That is when you can sue for misrepresentation.

Last edited:

T1KARMANN

Well... if the cert says xback golden or red and you are getting a fish that has pearlies and 6 lvl crossing. Isn't it an Xback golden? or if you buy a red and the fish turns turns red or dark orange, you are still buying a red arowana. It only becomes a problem when you buy an xback which turns out like a RTG or a red that turns into a yellow tail. That is when you can sue for misrepresentation.

not all xbacks have full pearls and most have 6 level shine as they have been put in white tanks for months before sale to increase prices

we all know the tricks the farms use to make a xback nicer than it is :D

xbackgolden

not all xbacks have full pearls and most have 6 level shine as they have been put in white tanks for months before sale to increase prices

we all know the tricks the farms use to make a xback nicer than it is :D

I made this statement on the context that you bought a quality fish. At the end of the day, what you pay is what you get. Coz the discussion was on old blue base goldens. I have no idea how it ended up about 1 person wanting to sue the farms for misrepresentation.

arl

Question here regarding xb - SR cross (rose gold, tong yan...) Does cities recognize them already? I mean in the article 10 paper you get from cities when you import an xb-sr cross. Would it say that it is a cross or is it just one or the other (xb or SR). I think xb and RTG (HIback, PGS) is still RTG. cerificate can say whatever they want but what does cities say?

xbackgolden

Question here regarding xb - SR cross (rose gold, tong yan...) Does cities recognize them already? I mean in the article 10 paper you get from cities when you import an xb-sr cross. Would it say that it is a cross or is it just one or the other (xb or SR). I think xb and RTG (HIback, PGS) is still RTG. cerificate can say whatever they want but what does cities say?

Cities like our local authority only recognises Gold variety and Red variety. Anyway, these guys are not farmers they won't know whats the diff btw highback, rtg etc as they only check for RFID numbers. In the past, Malaysian Golden arowana and Indonesian Red arowana were breeds of fish. Now, because xbreeding etc, they have become trade names. In case you guys are not sure, even Hi back was a trade name invented by Qian Hu to grade its low quality xbacks which had a lower chance of crossing and developing pearlies.

Last edited:

arl

Cities like our local authority only recognises Gold variety and Red variety. Anyway, these guys are not farmers they won't know whats the diff btw highback, rtg etc as they only check for RFID numbers. In the past, Malaysian Golden arowana and Indonesian Red arowana were breeds of fish. Now, because xbreeding etc, they have become trade names. In case you guys are not sure, even Hi back was a trade name invented by Qian Hu to grade its low quality xbacks which had a lower chance of crossing and developing pearlies.

So cities official just scans the male brooder aro and whatever breed his number crossreference to (XB, SR or RTG) is what the fries is gonna be classified into with out considering what kind is the female?

xbackgolden

So cities official just scans the male brooder aro and whatever breed his number crossreference to (XB, SR or RTG) is what the fries is gonna be classified into with out considering what kind is the female?

Normally, they don't even check. they just listen to what the farm owner says, if the farm owner says its RTG then its just listed as RTG. Arowana farming is not sophisticated as most people think.

Marius

Normally, they don't even check. they just listen to what the farm owner says, if the farm owner says its RTG then its just listed as RTG. Arowana farming is not sophisticated as most people think.

I would presume that at least some farms do a more thorough job at it though. Great thread you guys.

T1KARMANN

I have imported tong yan (red spendour) and the cert says

Red splendour cross back

stated on the artical 10 as 1 x live gold arowana

xbackgolden

I would presume that at least some farms do a more thorough job at it though. Great thread you guys.

I have witnessed so i know. Problem with most ppl living abroad is that they assume and presume too much. Remember, most of these farms are run and owned by the old generation who have not recieved much education and knowledge. Hence, many of their business practices are old school. For those who really know the business, it is hot half as sophisticated is its made out to be.

xbackgolden

I have imported tong yan (red spendour) and the cert says

Red splendour cross back

stated on the artical 10 as 1 x live gold arowana

Yes... Tong Yan, red splendor or whatever its call is normally sold under gold variety. Same as RTG, Highback, Highback RTG, Blue base crossback, gold base crossback, gold head cross back etc. At the end of the day, under Cites, its considered just nothing more than a Gold Variety

arl

Yes... Tong Yan, red splendor or whatever its call is normally sold under gold variety. Same as RTG, Highback, Highback RTG, Blue base crossback, gold base crossback, gold head cross back etc. At the end of the day, under Cites, its considered just nothing more than a Gold Variety

NOt sure bout this but I think RTG and HBRTG are stated as RTG in article 10. I'll check when I get home :D. My reason for bringing up CITIES is that shouldn't they be the governing body who's suppose to be concerned about the pureness/integrity of the breeds? I mean they're the one issueing and controlling movements of these species. If the species they're suppose to control is getting infussed shouldn't they be concerned? and if tong yan is not any more the same as XB or sr maybe it should be out of the cities cat.1 list and we can get them like any other fish. LOL !!

Last edited:

xbackgolden

NOt sure bout this but I think RTG and HBRTG are stated as RTG in article 10. I'll check when I get home :D. My reason for bringing up CITIES is that shouldn't they be the governing body who's suppose to be concerned about the pureness/integrity of the breeds? I mean they're the one issueing and controlling movements of these species. If the species they're suppose to control is getting infussed shouldn't they be concerned? and if tong yan is not any more the same as XB or sr maybe it should be out of the cities cat.1 list and we can get them like any other fish. LOL !!

Nope in CITIES, they protect the species as a whole. There is only red and gold and green variety.