pics of big datnoids

iamfrontosa

Found a few photos of big STs.
I did saw a community tank of 10 ~+18" STs in the hotel i stayed in during my recent trip to Bangkok. Unfortunately, they did not allow me to snap photos.

carcrazy

Man, they're huge! Isn't that tank a little small for such a large fish? It would be like living in a closet. He doesn't seem stressed though, so who knows. I'm not a fish, maybe they don't mind.

iamfrontosa

yeah. i was stunned to see a fish that big in a tank that small (2nd pic). but you have to realize that the fish will probably be eaten that evening or so. so that might just be a holding tank.....

my mom said when she was a teen she ate ST and it was quite delicious.

m_class2g

Sponsor
2ns photo has been going around the net for some time now and published in some books. a lot of ppl say that particular fish was just caught and kept in that temporary tank until sold to fish store, exporter etc. looks huge tho! id love to own one that big.

those of you guys who kept dats 13 + inches. what is the growth rate after that? mine will only take pellets and hasnt grown much. now around 14 inches.

carcrazy

yeah. i was stunned to see a fish that big in a tank that small (2nd pic). but you have to realize that the fish will probably be eaten that evening or so. so that might just be a holding tank.....

my mom said when she was a teen she ate ST and it was quite delicious.

No!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

EEYY

2ns photo has been going around the net for some time now and published in some books. a lot of ppl say that particular fish was just caught and kept in that temporary tank until sold to fish store, exporter etc. looks huge tho! id love to own one that big.

those of you guys who kept dats 13 + inches. what is the growth rate after that? mine will only take pellets and hasnt grown much. now around 14 inches.

Have you guys seen the photo that I posted a while a ago? The 20" - 22" IT!? Someone took it in a local fish store in Toronto.