Please tell me this is fake...

Gwai.jai

I think it should be real!:eek:

I hear some guy in mississauga area eat one too, seen it on MFK, and Arofanatic....

I hear real rich guy, big house, lots of money....he eats aro on regular basis!:mad:

Can't seem to find pic now.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Can't imagine eating one myself. Especially if it was tank raised. Chemicals and all that can't be good for the meat.

Kenta

Administrator
MMM a fish marinating in its own feces its whole life!
Hope he doesn't choke on its microchip!

Seriously though, i wonder what they taste like... i have heard stories of Asian arowana caviar fetching a high price!

Gwai.jai

MMM a fish marinating in its own feces its whole life!
Hope he doesn't choke on its microchip!

Seriously though, i wonder what they taste like... i have heard stories of Asian arowana caviar fetching a high price!

Marinating in it's own feces......:confused:

Might be time to update filtration system....and do some extra water changes!

Steel Toe

My uncle had kept his beloved green for over 5 years and when the green pass away, he was so devastated. He asked his wife to prepare the green on that day and he ate it all by himself till finish. After that for the whole day he kept crying. Until now when he remember his green, his tears will roll down and he will kept quiet for the whole day.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I have heard that Asian arowana was a popular dish to serve at weddings in Singapore in the early 1960's (I think Yuppa passed on that tidbit of knowledge!).

Meanwhile, for those of you who know Winston, the old owner of Pet Boutique in North Vancouver, he once got fed up with holding a super large silver arowana that he could not sell. And so one fine summer day he fired up the barbecue and...

He said it was very good! :)

jackson

This is not new to me.

I know a guy that had 2 huge clown knifes. He did not know what to do with then so he ate them. I thought he was freaken messed up. I mean most fish that are tank raised carry carcinogenic chems in them and much more.

mike

I have heard that Asian arowana was a popular dish to serve at weddings in Singapore in the early 1960's (I think Yuppa passed on that tidbit of knowledge!).

Meanwhile, for those of you who know Winston, the old owner of Pet Boutique in North Vancouver, he once got fed up with holding a super large silver arowana that he could not sell. And so one fine summer day he fired up the barbecue and...

He said it was very good! :)

LOL!!!! really???? i would never eat my own fish or a tank raised fish... so many chemicals and stuff =S

but yea I CANT BELIEVE SOMEONE WOULD EAT AN EXPENSIVE ARROW!!!! WTF?????