Price Of Aros

tomuhs

I believe as time goes by, more and more people will be breeding Aros thus driving down the price (especially now that they have a pretty good idea on how to breed them). High end Aros will always fetch top dollar but I hope that the industry doesn't get to a point where competition will eventually try to undercut each other; doesn't take much to set a precedence. At least we can look forward to improvements in quality of Aros due to selective breeding. Guess all eyes will be on Asia.

Wonder how current aro owners feel about the current prices...myself I don't really view the Aro as an investment therefore I can appreciate lower prices; yet I don't want it to progress to a point where anyone with a face can go out and get one...sorta looses the clout and exclusivity of owning an Asian Aro.

mitchb

tomuhs is right, same as all things when mass production starts there is a slow and steady decline of prices until there is a bottom.

It is great to be a consumer as the supply is starting to grow and outpace demand. This does not apply to all aro's though as tomuhs also said as the high end ones will still command high dollar values because they are rarer.

For the everyday person it is great as the cost to get an aro will go down, and eventually we will see this with the consumer pricing going down not just more profits for the importers. There will be a time where the importers can make more money, but there will be a breaking point with those as well.

I saw this post http://arowanaclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=39638#post39638 and was blown away by the pricing, compare that with a couple years ago and it is obvious that prices are trending down.