Recent trend: Green Vs Black

EEYY

Guys, I have seen black arowana price is even higher than green arowana price in Toronto area lately.

Same thing in your province?

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Don't normally see black aros here. Last time I saw one it was $220 for 8"

Would still take a green over one though :)

EEYY

Don't normally see black aros here. Last time I saw one it was $220 for 8"

Would still take a green over one though :)

For one-tank-one-arowana setup, yes I would take the green as well.

But for aro. comm. tank, i would take the black.

Dragonguy

I bought my two black aros for $200 each and they were about 8" when I bought them. Now they are at 15"-18". The price never seen to be going down for the black aros, as I don't see them a lot.

senthus

For one-tank-one-arowana setup, yes I would take the green as well.

But for aro. comm. tank, i would take the black.

I think I would still go with a comm of Greens...

Unless I had a super large tank and a comm of everything would be sweet

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I just don't like how the fins on the SA aros seem to get shorter as they get larger. Beautiful fish until they get over 2 feet.

T1KARMANN

I think I would still go with a comm of Greens...

Unless I had a super large tank and a comm of everything would be sweet

the problem is green aros are very aggressive if they were easy to com you would see loads of green com tanks :D

the price of black aros is crazy now you never see any baby black aros for sale and shops are calling them blue now

G_sharky

Before I got my RTG a saw some Black aro's at aquapets in scarborough for $300 and it was 6"-7" and greens go for $160 at other LFS....that's the first time i ever saw them in real life...I guess they are very rare and LFS here don't have them regularly....but for the price of RTG's nowadays here in toronto I say it should lower the price for the black aro's....I got my RTG for $400 and Lucky's are selling them now for $399..i'd pick an RTG over the black all the time...

T1KARMANN

nah not always i got my 1st black aro i kept for 7yrs for $22 the greens aros were $500 at the time when asian aros were just being imported into the UK

danfong88

yes, the black aro is more expensive than a green. I am not sure why the LFS is selling at a higher cost?
I guess is the basic "Supply and Demand" theory. There is not much Black Aro supply? I would still prefer the Asian Aro over the black, concerning the black is from South American does not shine like the Asian Aro.