rtg update : dead

bob351

well here is my rtg this was my first rtg, i got this guy a few months back from gold ocean and posted a pic of his scales about a week ago well i was really happy since this was probably the most successful fish i had kept as far as colour he was a beautiful fish he grew about 3-4 inches since i got him and all his scales developed the gold colour and the purple base and today i came home to feed him to find him in the back of my tank, he took the glass lid with him to the back also:(:mad: obviously he is banged up but he was truly a nice fish

Attachments

• IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 617

bob351

i hope so i think im going into gold ocean in the next few days to see what they have, hoping for one about 8-10 inches with blue base

bob351

thanks guys i think i am going to get a new rtg by the end of the week hopefully, if gold ocean dosent have rtgs then i will have to wait becuse that the only asian arowana i would get there so much nicer than reds in my opinion :D

carcrazy

That really sucks:( It's always painful to lose a cherished pet. I wish you the best of luck with your new one.

I have heard of people using floating plants to help prevent this. I might look for some hornwort. As long as it doesn't clog my filters.

bob351

thanks guys, im not really looking to shop around i can wait for gold ocean i like the stock they get but thanks for all the help, and no i wont get a higher quality personally the blue based rtg is the nicest fish on the market:p

menghun

thanks guys, im not really looking to shop around i can wait for gold ocean i like the stock they get but thanks for all the help, and no i wont get a higher quality personally the blue based rtg is the nicest fish on the market:p

but have to put more effort on the top lid though...:D

bob351

for my lid im going to go with acrylic and weigh it down like a bitch, and i wonder if a small layer of blue styrofoam would help if the aro jumps and the aro would be less damaged.

Hum. How does Styrofoam react to condensation or water? In time, wouldn't the water break up the Styrofoam? Correct me if I am wrong.