snake heads with aros?

Ronin

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has successfully kept a community tank with an asian aro and snake head. I've seen some video's on youtube, but it was only done with silver aro. I'm considering getting a snake head, either channa auranti, or channa bleheri to add to my existing aro community tank, wanted any input or suggestions any of you might have. Thanks!

hustler

I have a giant snakehead in with 2 silvers..... the snakehead is about 18" and so are the silvers.... Its a 50/50 even with them..... It almost killed a 20" clown knife ate 2 12" pleco's ect ect..... Its a killer for sure.... I wouldnt mix it with ANY of my asians "just in case" Ive seen what i can do if it turns on something in like..... 10 min....close to death.

sinnick

pleuro snakeheads are way more docile than giant SH and imo they're way nicer looking. I've seen a few monster communities with them.

if you're dying to keep SH with arows, the two best choices imo are channa marulodies and pleurophthalma

Ronin

Thanks for the input guys. After careful consideration don't think I'm gonna risk my asian aros with snakeheads. Don't think I like em enough to start up a new tank either. Gonna stick with aros, rays and loaches!!

I also picked up some silver dollars for tank mates with my RTG, and they are growing on me. Ugly as sin, but they do liven up my tank!

cheon

I have a rainbow snake head with my azn aro it's fine there less aggressive then Reg snake heads and they only grow to 20cm 8inches