Some CV Maju Sr in the Middle East

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Maju shared some photos with me of a few fish currently owned by an agent of theirs in the Middle East. They are quite unique fish I think.

Attachments

• Nice Maju SR1.jpg
    Nice Maju SR1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 662
  • Nice Maju SR2.jpg
    Nice Maju SR2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 598
  • Nice Maju SR3.jpg
    Nice Maju SR3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 853

rudy

I seriously wonder how photoshopped these are. If arrows looked that good I would have a tank in every room

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
I don't think they're photoshopped to alter colour. I do think, and it's only my opinion, that they had a red light on the fish when the pics were taken.

Now that my reds are settling in, I will take pics with and without a NAN light to see the difference. :)

James Sananikone

Photoshop no, lighting maybe...

Look closely on the second and the third picture, the red on the tails and the fins
also the red thin rims at both picture are very consistant.

Any way, this is maybe the begining of another new gene.

We saw Rose Gold, Fusion Violet, what's this one...

rudy

Photoshop no, lighting maybe...

Look closely on the second and the third picture, the red on the tails and the fins
also the red thin rims at both picture are very consistant.

Any way, this is maybe the begining of another new gene.

We saw Rose Gold, Fusion Violet, what's this one...

Lets just call it awesome. WOW!!!!

xenon240

I had my brother-in-law, who is a long time experienced photographer look at the pictures. In his opinion he says the pictures are not enhanced with PhotoShop. Picture looks to be taken with black cloth on back and top of tank. Polarized filter to avoid front glass reflection and manual focus. You can see the fluorescent lighting which most likely is NAN. Additional lights shining across the tank (could be red), again to avoid reflections.

Even if you remove a few shades of Red it is still an awesome fish, proving the potential quality of SR's from Maiju.

Get your orders in now;)

hondas3000

I had my brother-in-law, who is a long time experienced photographer look at the pictures. In his opinion he says the pictures are not enhanced with PhotoShop. Picture looks to be taken with black cloth on back and top of tank. Polarized filter to avoid front glass reflection and manual focus. You can see the fluorescent lighting which most likely is NAN. Additional lights shining across the tank (could be red), again to avoid reflections.

Even if you remove a few shades of Red it is still an awesome fish, proving the potential quality of SR's from Maiju.

Get your orders in now;)

Well it is a high grade fish but that doesn't mean we will get it here. Every farm have their high and low end fish so why not just get them the pics that will be bringing in instead of fish that is not. We all know that this fish come with high price and for $1000 or less you will not get this kind of fish.

t.duong

I also had someone look at these photos, this person is not only a very accomplished photographer, they also have been working in graphics for many years. Here's a portion of what they had to say.......

"You can actually see the color of the light bulbs in the one photo (red). You can also see the water is tinted as well. Water stays relatively neutral no matter what light since it's transparent (unless it's deep or dirty). The fact that the water is so tinted tells me that the color saturation has been turned up quite a bit in software, either post processing or camera.

My thinking is that these fish are more orange than red when exposed to natural daylight. The second photo looks more natural, just a bit over saturated. The first photo is probably the worst one, with almost all the yellow washed out, but you can see on the tail of a third fish in the background, that is not directly under the light, that it's more yellow.

If I had a reference point, such as a white item in the tank, then I would be able to adjust the colors pretty close to what it should be.

Most people don't have the knowledge how to set the correct white balance and not even the best cameras can figure it out with the type of bulbs we use in our tanks today. The person who took these photos probably used auto white balance and then added a lot of saturation in post processing."