Stingray filters

Herb2112

Hi

Just wondering what everyone is running for a filter on there tanks.
I have got a custom wet/dry , it works ok but not great.
Just working on a secondary bio ball tower and adding a couple of filter socks
to the main sump.

tman

Super Moderator
Running a sump with 32" socks,jap mat,bio spheres and bioballs on my big tanks.

exoticaquaria

i use baceria house, k1, ceramic rings, lots of sponge, crush coral, japanese mat in my sump. keeps the water crystal clear.

Herb2112

I find my nitrates are running to high between 40-60
I change 80 gallons every second day on a roughly 300 gallon system
with 2 rays.
I am hoping to reduce the bio load with the filter socks

exoticaquaria

here is a picture of my sump. does the job. even when i had rays, water clarity was up to my expectations.

photo-3_zpsa0bbd0fa.jpg

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
As you know, the more filtering the better. For my 150 gallon with a pair of pups I have my sump with a mix of bacteria house, some Japanese mat, and bioballs; I also have an eheim 2217 run in a loop off the sump to polish the water in the sump.

In the sump for my 300 I have four trays of Bio-home; a couple trays of filter floss as a prefilter, and two bio-wheels. I also run an Eheim 2260 loaded with bacteria house on that tank. Finally, I have that tank set up on a 10% water change per day drip system through carbon filter (for drinking water) and a drain from the sump.

My advice to you is to try and figure out a way to get a drip system running.

exoticaquaria

As you know, the more filtering the better. For my 150 gallon with a pair of pups I have my sump with a mix of bacteria house, some Japanese mat, and bioballs; I also have an eheim 2217 run in a loop off the sump to polish the water in the sump.

In the sump for my 300 I have four trays of Bio-home; a couple trays of filter floss as a prefilter, and two bio-wheels. I also run an Eheim 2260 loaded with bacteria house on that tank. Finally, I have that tank set up on a 10% water change per day drip system through carbon filter (for drinking water) and a drain from the sump.

My advice to you is to try and figure out a way to get a drip system running.

A drip system is what I really need…

MEDHBSI

I run a drip system for my ray tank and well as 2 4"x16" filter socks (washed weekly) and enough K1 media in a fluidized bed filter to filter 4x the amount i really need because rays are messy and eat alot lol

Stingray keeper

Lots of mechanical. Lots of aeration. K1 in fluid bed and in reactor. 2 DIY bio ball trickle towers with matrix media as well. Phosban 150 reactor with carbon pellets. 36 watt turbo twist uv on timer 12/12. All running on two marineland utility pumps 1200 gal/hr each.