Super meal worms

danfong88

Can anyone tell me supermeal worms wlll have the nutrient level an Arowana needs to develop properly? Presently, my Jardini is 13" and is very active and only eats these supermeal worms.

Dragonguy

Try feeding it with different kind of food for proper balance diet. I normally feed pellet as staple food. Prawns or shrimps to gain more carotene to developed some red coloration. Mealworms, superworms, earthworths and any kinds of worms or insect as just for treats. I feed some fellet or fish I bought in the market also for treats. I feed live fish or small frogs to let them exercise chasing the live animal(never feeed live feeders goldfish). Don't hate me if your a frog lover or small fish lover. I just want whats best for my aros.

Last edited:

Dragonguy

A chinese pet shop in hastings and nanaimo. They called it leopard frog and they are easy to breed. Check them out if they still got some. I bought the frogs 3 months ago.

Dragonguy

hey Dragonguy did u breed ur frogs?

No I wasn't able to breed the frogs as they are all females. The male species are able the make the croaking sound and the females don't. Mine doesn't make the croaking sound so my guest they are all females.

jackson

You should not be able to buy leopard frogs from any store in Canada. They are a native frog that has been dieing off more and more each year.

The reason they are only $2 is they are for sure going to the marsh and catching them. Very bad thing to do. You could be passing on parasites as well and harmfull pathogens to your fish and they can even affect humans.

Last edited:

Dragonguy

You should not be able to buy leopard frogs from any store in Canada. They are a native frog that has been dieing off more and more each year.

The reason they are only $2 is they are for sure going to the marsh and catching them. Very bad thing to do. You could be passing on parasites as well and harmfull pathogens to your fish and they can even affect humans.

Thanks! I not buying that frog again. I went to the internet and googled about this frog and they are endangered. F*** I made a mistake buying and endangered animal. I used to feed asian floating frogs and bullfrogs back in asia to my aros, and I saw this leopard frog here in B.C and bought them without thinking just for food for my aro. I should have done my research before buying something. I feel so stupid...:(

jackson

Thanks! I not buying that frog again. I went to the internet and googled about this frog and they are endangered. F*** I made a mistake buying and endangered animal. I used to feed asian floating frogs and bullfrogs back in asia to my aros, and I saw this leopard frog here in B.C and bought them without thinking just for food for my aro. I should have done my research before buying something. I feel so stupid...:(

Hey man no need to beat your self up. The store should be reported and that is that. They know what they are doing is wrong but like most LFS they dont care. Only the money is what they care about.

I am happy you care and dont think it is just a frog. As for the ones you still have( if you do have any ) do not release them into the wild. This can cause the spread of disease. This is a major reason why they are dieing off at such a fast rate.