Super red or Gold Crossback

T1KARMANN

all the gold head full helmet or what ever you want to call them just because you buy them like that their is no guarantee they will stay like that when put in a home tank 80% if not more of the xbacks for sale at a small size are placed in white fibre glass tanks to increase the shine levels

its a bit of a con really you buy a xback with real high shine levels then after say 6 months of being kept in a black backed tank the shine level has droped down to just better than a RTG it then takes a further 1-2yrs for the shine level to catch back up even then their is a chance the shine level will never be as good as when you 1st got the aro

i know many people in singapore who have paid good money for a goldhead only for it to dissapeir after a few months

just be very carful its easy to get ripped off with xbacks

EKen

Super Moderator
all the gold head full helmet or what ever you want to call them just because you buy them like that their is no guarantee they will stay like that when put in a home tank 80% if not more of the xbacks for sale at a small size are placed in white fibre glass tanks to increase the shine levels

its a bit of a con really you buy a xback with real high shine levels then after say 6 months of being kept in a black backed tank the shine level has droped down to just better than a RTG it then takes a further 1-2yrs for the shine level to catch back up even then their is a chance the shine level will never be as good as when you 1st got the aro

i know many people in singapore who have paid good money for a goldhead only for it to dissapeir after a few months

just be very carful its easy to get ripped off with xbacks

Agreed. I also remember reading a thread on arofanatics talking about how Golden Head XBs are "man made". I thought it was a very interesting discussion, and was wondering how many Golden Heads do actually stay Golden Heads.

I guess it is the same thing with every other farms, as Panda labels their XBs "Marble Blue" and "Platinum Head", but I did not see yet a full grown Platinum Head... Seems like full grown fish are named only Panda Cross Back...

Maybe we should open up a new thread on this discussion. :)

EKen

Super Moderator
As for the man made golden head, I personally don't agree even though there is such case.

Of course Golden Heads are man made... Just like Flowerhorns and parrot fish, they are created by men. There is no Golden Heads in the wild.