suspect tail rot ,help!!!

emanresu

My rtg is about 12" his tail seem to have some kind of tail rot (a sawtooth liked

shape at the edge of the tail).It has been like that for 2 months now. I tried

melafix but it won't fixed the problem.could anyone in the forum give me some

advices .thank you all.

ps:ph=7 ; gh=120ppm;kh=70ppm;nh3=0;no2=0;no3=0.

Attachments

• DSC00653.JPG
    DSC00653.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 676

Yuppa

Super Moderator
ahh yes i have seen this before.. check your water paramaters, add some salt.. hows its appetite? what are you feeding.. perhaps it needs some variation as well..

m_class2g

Sponsor
i would say check your filtraiton system if they need some cleaning. what i would do is change water, add some salt, raise the temp up a little bit. check filters if they need maintenance. i usually dont add any meds to my tank unless i really really have to. my advise to anyone who has a problem is simply water change. doesnt matter what is wrong, the usual procedure is water change, add salt and raise temp. cant stress this enough.

emanresu

thanks for advices

hello all,thanks for your advices.my rtg is eating well .i feed it with pellets(Hikari) and

shrimps occasionally. As for salt, how much salt/gal do i put in the water ? how long do i use salt

for? Is this just a temporary thing ? by the way i use over head w/d filter and i do maintenance it

on regular basis.weekly w/c of 20% .As for supplement ,do i need any vitamins ? if i do could

you give me the names.

thanks you all for valuables advices and have a great long weekend

Last edited: