T-shirts

carcrazy

I have a couple of T-shirts from Monsterfishkeepers.com (with an aro on it) as well as a couple from Instant Ocean (included in their pail of sea salt). Why not make a T-shirt advertising this site? I would be proud to wear one!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Yes, that is an idea worth persuing. Would you be interested in taking a lead on the project? I think Eken in Montreal, the designer of the banner at top, might be able to help with the design? If you are into making it happen Albert, go for it! I am sure there are quite a few people who would go for a nice looking shirt. :)

Eddio

I have a colleague who runs an online T-shirt business. I might be able to talk to him into helping us out. If we get some nice designers, he can probably print us t-shirts for a very low cost.

http://www.graffi-t.ca/

Eddio

Hi,

So any updates on this? My friend is willing to help out if he gets more info on how we're going to go about this!

Would be very interesting idea too and good way to advertise this community forum, seeing as I can hand these shirts out to my local customers here. You'd be surprised at the number of calls / emails I've gotten since advertising on the net!

carcrazy

I am interested in the project but I have never done anything like this before. I have very little business sense, having only done grunt work when I was young and teaching math and science now that I'm older (and hopefully wiser). I'd be willing to help out but I really don't have a clue as to how to start.

Any hints as to how much the shirts will cost, the printing and then how much to charge? And how many should we make? Ekens logo would look great if he would agree to letting us use it. Black shirt with white logo or some other comb? As you can tell, I am kind of floundering here!

Eddio

I would love to hear some input from Theo personally. But I can see people wearing a shirt with an asian arowana posed like a dragon logo, with a very clean arowanaclub.ca text on the back of the shirt. I know I would wear one for sure :D

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I am thinking it would be good to get Minh (Eken) on board as he is the one who designed our banner, and he has computer skills. Also, Gerry (RTG_Gerry) takes such amazing photos, we might be able to do either an embossed T-shirt (with like an iron-on of a an amazing aro photo), or even coffee cups too. :)

Another idea could be for a very subtle shirt (polo style short sleeve?) with just the banner and club name on it?

Trick would be to keep costs down so as to offer good value to buyers, yet make a wee bit for whoever does the work (not me please). And of course have some fun! :)

Eddio

Got a price estimate from Graffi-T.

They just did a local order for custom iron-on's: 32 for about 700 CND. Which is around 22 dollars per shirt. They use american apparel shirt, so it's not crappy quality. It's not exactly dirt cheap shirts, but we wouldn't want the shirts to be dirt cheap quality either now do we?

Someone should contact our banner designers and see if they would be interested!