Tanning

h.l_nathan

Finally my wait is over. I've been waiting for a bulb that's almost similar to natural sunlight to get ship to me for the last 2 month. So I can expirement on tanning my aros to see if there's a difference color wise.
Long behold they just called me for delivery early monday morning at my office.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Forum member Hondas3000 used a tanning light on his SR last year, then stopped later; the photos of the fish when tanned were totally jaw-dropping, while now that he stopped tanning it just looks like a normal red again in photos; maybe he can post those tanning and non-tanning photos up for people to see? Anyway, I think tanning really does work.

h.l_nathan

I have been using T5s for my aros for 4 years now, but i still think that color can still be better.
So I hope this new light will work, cause I paid 1400$ wholesale for the set and the bulb is only about the size of a golf ball

hondas3000

Tanning will give red the color and intense gold on gold aro, but from the sound of $1400 I think your will do the job. Just the cost of electric bill is too much for me if I need to tan 3ft deep tank. From my experience you need to tan for a long hour like 12 to 24 hours a day for it to work. If you are just tanning for 3-4 hours then you will not see any change at all. I should go with HID light for my tank :).

h.l_nathan

Tanning will give red the color and intense gold on gold aro, but from the sound of $1400 I think your will do the job. Just the cost of electric bill is too much for me if I need to tan 3ft deep tank. From my experience you need to tan for a long hour like 12 to 24 hours a day for it to work. If you are just tanning for 3-4 hours then you will not see any change at all. I should go with HID light for my tank :).

Actually this light is very energy efficient. It only use 2.5 amp. It would beats using my 12 4 foot t5s on my tank now. which is on for 8 hours a day.