Testing out the waters - Tetraodon Pustulatus

JMorash

Hey,

I have played around with the idea of selling my Tetraodon Pustulatus (Cross River Puffer) for quite some time. For those who don't know these are a larger growing (14"), freshwater puffer, from african. They are closely related to Fahaka but are much more rare. These guys are known as one of the rarest freshwater puffer fish on the planet and I'm pretty sure the one I have is the only one (or only one of very few) that came into the country last year.

I got him last year and he was about 4" long, and now he has easily doubled in size. Unlike a fresh import he's completely acclimated and parasite free. Developing a lot of red spots and has a great personality (very aggressive, but extremely responsive to people, will eat right out of my hands).

I haven't yet decided to sell him, but I may. I'm more interested in trades for bigger dats or really nice marbled motoros. If I do sell him I will ship, but it will have to wait till it warms up a bit.

IMGP0322.jpg

Old and bad pic sorry, his color has developed a lot since then.

Right now I'm just checking out what the interest would be.

Thanks,

Justin Morash

Last edited:

jackson

Do you have new pix of it?

Are you 100% sure it is a cross river and not a fahaka?

I am interested in it but would like to know what kind of price tag you are going to put on it?

JMorash

I am confident that he's a cross river. I got him from Oliver Lucanus, I usually trust his judgement and I have also had Toyin look at it and confirm it is a Cross River. This picture was taken when I first got him. He has a lot more red markings now. I will take more pictures soon and post them.

I would rather trade something, like a nice marbled motoro, at least 10 inches wide.

I will be talking to you,

JMorash

arowanaclubtt77

Hey,

I have played around with the idea of selling my Tetraodon Pustulatus (Cross River Puffer) for quite some time. For those who don't know these are a larger growing (14"), freshwater puffer, from african. They are closely related to Fahaka but are much more rare. These guys are known as one of the rarest freshwater puffer fish on the planet and I'm pretty sure the one I have is the only one (or only one of very few) that came into the country last year.

I got him last year and he was about 4" long, and now he has easily doubled in size. Unlike a fresh import he's completely acclimated and parasite free. Developing a lot of red spots and has a great personality (very aggressive, but extremely responsive to people, will eat right out of my hands).

I haven't yet decided to sell him, but I may. I'm more interested in trades for bigger dats or really nice marbled motoros. If I do sell him I will ship, but it will have to wait till it warms up a bit.

IMGP0322.jpg

Old and bad pic sorry, his color has developed a lot since then.

Right now I'm just checking out what the interest would be.

Thanks,

Justin Morash

Hello I'm a member of ThePufferForum.com and I've been looking for one of these for ages!

Are you in the UK?

Can I see some recent pix of him?

How much are you willing to take for him?

Thanks for your time

arowanaclubtt77

Last edited:

arowanaclubtt77

Hello I'm a member of ThePufferForum.com and I've been looking for one of these for ages!

Are you in the UK?

Can I see some recent pix of him?

How much are you willing to take for him?

Thanks for your time

arowanaclubtt77

Dam I just realised you're in Canada :)

I've seen an 8inch Tetraodon Pustulatus for sale on another site for $400 by the way

JMorash

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, it's midterm time and things are quite hectic. I am going to keep him for a little bit longer. Grow him up a bit and then decide after I am fully moved into my new place to decide.

Thanks for the replies, I will post more pictures later,

Justin Morash

jackson

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, it's midterm time and things are quite hectic. I am going to keep him for a little bit longer. Grow him up a bit and then decide after I am fully moved into my new place to decide.

Thanks for the replies, I will post more pictures later,

Justin Morash

Sounds good just keep me in mind :)

Thanks