The Dreaded Power Failure

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I just got an email from someone telling me of a power failure that occurred while they were out of town; this led to them losing all their fish. Such an occurrence is probably the biggest risk to losing Asian arowana, next to jumping. I've attached a few photos of a Merlion Ultimate Blood Red this person had. It really was a very beautiful fish.

Dreamfish Merlion Ultimate Blood Red - shortly after arrival in cutomer's tank early 2017.jpg

Here is a video of the fish shortly before it was shipped to the customer:

Merlion Ultimate Blood Red - sold in April 2017; photo taken in October 2017.jpg

Merlion Ultimate Blood Red - sold in April 2017; photo taken in October 2017 #2.jpg
Merlion Ultimate Blood Red - sold in April 2017; photo taken in October 2017 #3.jpg
Merlion Ultimate Blood Red - sold in April 2017; photo taken in August 2018 #1.jpg
Merlion Ultimate Blood Red - sold in April 2017; photo taken in August 2018 #2.jpg

Last edited:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
How do you guard against power failures? Follow up question - How do you guard against a power failure that could happen while you are out of town?

brianyam

I bought a Honda power inverter power generator. Saved me already a few times during a power outage. That being said, if I was out of town and no one to call to help me... it wouldn't work. To have those back up generators that can run on natural gas and go on line automatically, that cost around $4000. Costco sells them.