The Lost Tank

RDFISHGUY

Wicked set -up. Like the background and choice of tankmates. I used to keep African cichlids before I got into aros and rays. Never thought of keeping them with an aro.

-DC-

Love the setup... I have a 160 Mbuna tank, and a 240 with aro, Never thought too put them together wouldn't work now My dat would eat them for sure lol.

Great looking tank and fish though!

thanks for sharing

smokingdragon

Wicked set -up. Like the background and choice of tankmates. I used to keep African cichlids before I got into aros and rays. Never thought of keeping them with an aro.
Love the setup... I have a 160 Mbuna tank, and a 240 with aro, Never thought too put them together wouldn't work now My dat would eat them for sure lol.
Great looking tank and fish though!
thanks for sharing
Great looking setup. Did you do your own background?
Very Nice!

Hello thanks for you nice comments.
What you see is just a video.
Most tank mate are with the arowana since last year.
It does not mean you can put small fish. Usually the arowana eat fish. What i did is put all small tank mate first. So that they can adjust to there new home. Also has lots of hidding place. When i put the arowana and the time comes he is ready to eat. I feed him all he can eat. So that he is full all the time. Doing it for three months. Now i feed the arowana 3 times a week. so far he did not bother the small tankmates. But of corse if i will not feed the arowana for sure he has no choice but to hunt them one by one.

Yes its a DIY Background we made. it is our 6th BG made.
Pros and cons for the 3D BG.
Pro:
Durable
Paint wont fade
No cleaning needed
It is consider an art
No filter can be seen
Cons:
If putting arowana sometimes expect scale lost
Total water volume and tank space wll be less compare to bare tank.
Cleaning... For us it is easy but some thinks bigger tanks are difficult to maintain.
thanks.

smokingdragon

By the way not here to sell 3d BG or sell fish.
Just want to share.
We are no expert or professionals.
It is our Passion building and we are still learning.
Thank you.