Tiny White Worms

Marowana420

This morning I found these lil white worms in my tank, hundreds of them, all grew overnight. I started looking around on the net, and i think these are Planaria. the recomendation is to vacum gravel, add salt and some says quickcure. since i dont have any gravel i cleaned out one of my two filters. my question is should i clean the other 1 right away or do i need to wait? i'm going to add salt but do i need quick cure?

I've read that the cause of these worms are from overfeeding, I'm sure its from my attempt to switch my aro to pellets. which i gave up already.

Can i get a fish to eat them, i.e. pleco?

Thanks

bcarlos

Pleco's won't eat them. I had some in one of my small shrimp tanks; just cut out feeding for a week, throw some aquarium salt in and do water changes more often. They seem to die quite quickly once you do this.

DaiDee

Pleco's won't eat them. I had some in one of my small shrimp tanks; just cut out feeding for a week, throw some aquarium salt in and do water changes more often. They seem to die quite quickly once you do this.

+1

Except, I didn't add salt. It was fine with just more cleaning and wc. They won't harm anything and will go away as long you keep things clean bro.

Joey

They'll go away on there own. Clean the tank, do extra water changes and slow down on feedings for a bit.

The organics are too high in your tank right now, like the link mentioned.

Last edited: