Unique Aro Features

arl

Aro keepers and breeders have always been defining special appearances of the aros which will make it unique, and thus more expensive, than "normal" aros. Here's some of them:
YTL, King aro, cross belly, three layer pearlies, Gold markings in lower jaw, Golden heads...... and lots more.
Any input on these...some more special characteristics, comments, definition/description, pictures, experiences...anything.

EEYY

Aro keepers and breeders have always been defining special appearances of the aros which will make it unique, and thus more expensive, than "normal" aros. Here's some of them:
YTL, King aro, cross belly, three layer pearlies, Gold markings in lower jaw, Golden heads...... and lots more.
Any input on these...some more special characteristics, comments, definition/description, pictures, experiences...anything.

3-eyes-arowana!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yuppa

Super Moderator
I love cross belly red's and emperor reds and king reds..

golden head xback are hella nice too

arl

They're suppose to have longer fins like an emperor's red robe. Don't know if they were able to retain those features in the emperors today. Of course they're also rainbow's high end SR's.

Last edited:

arl

I've seen a pic of it somewhere and they do look COOL. I think they're rarer than king aros, you don't see them often.

well it appears that 'tail-less' arowana is the IN thing now.... fetching high prices....i believe hendri from indodragon posted photo of that before....

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I think Eken did the multi-cut lateral fan-tail operation a few months back; you cut the tail into strips almost to its base, with the idea being that it grows back into a much larger "fan tail." I know there are certain shops in S'pore that specialize in the operation.

I spent a couple minutes trying to find the thread Eken, but no luck. Any chance you could update us on the fish' progress?

EKen

Super Moderator
I think Eken did the multi-cut lateral fan-tail operation a few months back; you cut the tail into strips almost to its base, with the idea being that it grows back into a much larger "fan tail." I know there are certain shops in S'pore that specialize in the operation.

I spent a couple minutes trying to find the thread Eken, but no luck. Any chance you could update us on the fish' progress?

Well it was not really a tail expansion operation. My fish was injured when it was young and his tail was fuzzy. So I op'ed it to give back it a nice shape.

The tail expansion procedure seems pretty easy also, but I did not try it yet.

Here's the old thread:
http://arowanaclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=497&highlight=operation+wrong