Update on my RTG

G_sharky

hello guys...I just took some good shots of my RTG now that is used to me and it's new tank...not skittish anymore so easier to take pics...he's also now eating hikari pellets....what' ya think....positive and negative.....and can somebody tell whether he'll have a spoon or bullet head and how could I tell the shine level...thanks....

100_4276.jpg

100_4277.jpg

EKen

Super Moderator
Very cute little guy. Looks like he is going to have a big fan tail. But wrong forum section my friend.

Kenta

Administrator
Great looking fish!
Hes still a little small to tell the head shape also its hard to tell shine from the colored lights you're using... maybe take pics with normal white light?

protoxeno

At 4" its hard to tell if it will have spoon or bullet. It can go either way at this moment. More time will tell.

G_sharky

thanks for the comments guys....I will take pics of him when the lights are off...It's actually a little more than 5" measured from head to tail....

G_sharky

My 1 month update....I got this baby at 5" and now it's close to 7" in lenght....here are some pics..he's a little bit thicker now too and looks like a spoon is developing.....

with flash
100_4360.jpg

100_4361.jpg

100_4364.jpg

w/o flash
100_4383.jpg

G_sharky

thanks guys....I'm trying to put some size on him, thinking of getting some Rays, right now i'm afraid that my aro might be a snack for a ray so I'm feeding him....here are a couple more pics I took:

100_4401.jpg

100_4413.jpg

100_4447.jpg

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I had my green at 5-6" and kept it wil rays of similar size. Everyone co existed quite well. The tank was also 2 feet high

carcrazy

I keep my Jardini with two rays of about the same size (maybe a little bigger) as well since he was 6" for the past month, no problems . The tank is 31" high, 34" deep.

G_sharky

thanks for the response.....right now he's in a 75 gallon tank which is 21" high, I'm looking into getting a 422 this summer and a 622 when I get my house hopefully within a year might be two(who knows)....I think the best way to do this is to get the 422 first get the aro to be settled then get the rays....I think by this summer my aro would atleast be at 10".....