Update on my RTG

G_sharky

here's another update...almost 2 months....My aro went on a 1 week hunger strike, but It looks like it continues to grow fast.....here are some pics....

100_4615.jpg

view from top....you could see his bulk....
100_4618.jpg

100_4617.jpg

kookus

Very nice. It looks like yours is developing really well. The first pic looks like its got a beer belly. =)

carcrazy

He's growing really well. I hope mine gains weight and stays as healthy as yours looks. What are you feeding him?

frozen-fire

wow, this fish is growing quick! great work. we can tell you're putting in lots of care for this little one.

not eating for one week is nothing. i'm currently trying to get my chili to take pellets. It has refused to eat for a month. In this one month, it has probably eaten 2-5 pellets!

G_sharky

Wow a month!!!!!!!! Man I think I spoiled my RTG too much, before it was starting to take pellets, but I wanted to pumped it up and started to feed MP then it started not to take pellets at all and now that I introduced SW it's even more picky now...At first I wanted to get him on a pellet only diet, but since MP is pretty cheap I wouldn't mind having it as it's main diet.....

bob351

great looking fin's on that fish and good colours for such a small aro, were did you pick yours up if you don't mind me asking.

G_sharky

okay guys, another update of my RTG...here it is now at 9 inches...I've had this aro for 3 months....sorry for the photography as I have an old camera and I can't seem to capture the right color for the fish....

100_4704.jpg

100_4688.jpg

100_4725.jpg

100_4731.jpg

100_4689.jpg

Any comments...Good or Bad is welcome....thanks....:D

G_sharky

yah I just fed him before i took pics....the scales are starting to get some gold trims, but it's hard for me to capture it on pics...however the shine seems to be dull, would this improve over time????

Kenta

Administrator
Give him some time, the shine will definitely improve!

Keeping Asian arowana is a true test of patience and part of the satisfaction of keeping these fish is watching them progress and become beautiful.