Vieja syns., rotkeil sev tankmates for RTG?

RDFISHGUY

Anyone ever keep these fish together? I'm sure the sev will be OK but I'm not so sure about the vieja. Other tankmates include 9-clownloaches,6-red-hook silver dollars, Tank is 230 gallons with 3 ac110 and 2 FX5's for filtration and has a UV sterilyzer.

JMorash

Even though most Vieja aren't too too aggressive, if you want your arowana to stay in tip top condition, I wouldn't suggest it.

If you want a nice CA cichlid with lots of color, personality and similar body shape, try excichlasoma bocourti or excichlasoma pearsei. Both these cichlids are extremely laid back. The only CA cichlid I trust with rays.

Good Luck,
Justin Morash

Marius

Uaru does a nice tankmate as well ...fernandezyepezi would be wicked :). Syns can get pretty large and their attitude follows.

How's it going Ryan?

JMorash

I was going to suggest Uaru, I just picked up a nice pair of Uaru. A for my tank the other day, and are doing fantastic. I'm waiting off for Fernandezyepezi season and finally getting myself a group of them. I have been saying I was going to get some for a couple years now, but every time I go to order them something else catches my eye hahah.

Justin Morash

Marius

I was going to suggest Uaru, I just picked up a nice pair of Uaru. A for my tank the other day, and are doing fantastic. I'm waiting off for Fernandezyepezi season and finally getting myself a group of them. I have been saying I was going to get some for a couple years now, but every time I go to order them something else catches my eye hahah.

Justin Morash

Heh, no worries, if you miss them again I'll be getting a few for my breeding project as well.

JMorash

well when you do an order, I will get a good group of them.

Let me know.... they come around altum season too, I may want a good group of them too hahah.

JMorash

Marius

No problem, I'll stop hijacking Ryan's thread now :D. How's the aro doing Ryan? One other specie that I'd keep with an aro is Acarichthys Heckelii, those and Uarus would be my first choice, because you can keep a school of them, not pairs like Severums.