Virgin Arowana

tomuhs

Hi All,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Tommy and I'm 27 working in finance in oil and gas industry (can you guess that I'm from Alberta?)
I initially wanted to go out and get myself a small 55 gallon but I ended up walking away, after about 1 billion trips to the LFS (think my gf is getting just a bit annoyed), with a 180 G and my mind set on getting an Asian Arowana.

My tank will be arriving later today so I'll be looking forward to setting it up and pimping it out. Hopefully I will be picking up a BBXB in a few weeks; I can't seem to contain my excitement especially since it is Chinese New years. I look forward to perusing the forums here and hearing from all you wonderful Aro owners. Thanks to Theo for pointing me to this forum!

Hopefully i'll have some pics up.

Cheers

*edit crap sorry forgot to include Arowana Owner in the title....otherwise this sounds really wrong. My bad!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Heh, Tom, welcome. Be sure to post some photos of the fish you end up with and ask any questions you have. We have a pretty deep resource base in our members here.

Aro51

Welcome and looking forward to seeing your setup! I'll also be setting up something quite similar.

Cheers.

tomuhs

Thanks buddy!

Still in the process of cycling my tank; I wasn't able to find any ammonia so I ended up going to the LFS and they gave me some "ammonia" water from a pristine tank; enough for 180 gallons. They also recommended that I pick up some fish, so out of sheer frustration of not being able to find ammonia, I reluctantly picked up 8 tiger barbs. They have been in my tank for about a week now.

Picked up a small trace of ammonia on day 2, & 3 and did a 15% water change. Just did a check yesterday and I have 0 ammonia, small traces of nitrite and no nitrate. I'm hoping 8 barbs will be enough to cycle my tank in time for my Aro that Theo is helping me bring in. It should be coming in at the EOM.

What type of setup will you be going for Ar051??